The international Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge was lucky enough to get the Android Nougat update about a month ago. However, the users of the dual-SIM variant of the phone in India were left by the Samsung with watering mouth for a long time. Since I own the S6 and S7 Edge both, I have been enjoying the privilege on the latter for 3 months now.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is really a huge jump from Marshmallow because it brings a lot of new goodies and changes. We have listed some of the new features you’ll be able to enjoy after installing the Android 7.0 Nougat on Indian Galaxy S6 (SM-G920I) or S6 Edge (SM-G925I):
- A plethora of changes and tweaks in the Samsung Experience UX.
- Revamped quick settings panel.
- Nougat’s split-screen feature lets you enjoy multitasking.
- New effects and filters in the camera app.
- New App Power Monitor that comes with customizable presets for efficient battery management feature for better battery performance.
- Samsung Internet and Samsung Pass allows you to login websites securely and conveniently using the fingerprint scanner.
- Using the new Performance Mode feature you can now choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes.
- The new Samsung keyboard updates language data automatically.
In this tutorial, we’ll be describing the Nougat firmware installation steps on your Indian Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Just download the firmfire file from below and install it yourself using our instructions. In case you don’t want to download the full firmware, you can request the latest software OTA update manually by going to Settings> About Phone> Software update.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Indian Galaxy S6/S6 Edge (SM-G920I/925I)
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- Model: SM-G920I/925I
- Software version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Security Patch Level: 03-04-2017
- PDA: G925IDVU3FQD1
- CSC: G925IODD3FQC2
G920IDVU3FQD1_G920IODD3FQC2_INU.zip | Mirror
Preparations to Make:
- Download Odin: Odin3_v3.12.3.zip
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. Skip this step if you have already installed them.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S6.
- Backup your contacts, messages, apps and data.
- Charge your phone so that it has at least 60% battery.
Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Indian Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
- Extract the firmware zip to your desktop. You will get 4-5 files inside the extracted folder.
- Now to boot your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge into the Download mode. To do so, turn it off, then hold the Home + Power + Volume Down keys at the same time until you see a blue screen with the exclamation sign. Now press the Volume Up button.
- Extract the Odin3_v3.12.3.zip file to your desktop, open the extracted folder and launch the Odin Exe as administrator.
- When Odin is launched, connect your S6 to the PC using a USB cable.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will light up in blue when your device is detected. You will also see “Added” in the Odin message box.
- Now click the BL button in Odin, navigate to the firmware folder and select the file that has a name starting with BL, like BL_XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.tar.md5
- Then click on AP button and add the file with AP in its name. Do the same with CP and CSC. In case the firmware you downloaded has just one file, follow the instruction given here.
- Now make sure that your Odin screen looks like the above screenshot and then click the Start button.
- Wait patiently until the installation completes successfully with a PASS! message on Odin.
- Your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge will reboot automatically. Don’t panic if your phone sticks on the Samsung logo for a while because it’s normal to take 5-8 minutes before the device boots up for the first time.
That’s it! When your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge boots up, you will be able to enjoy the newly installed Android Nougat firmware.