Most people opt for a SIM-locked carrier branded phone due to the subsidized price that a network-locked smartphone comes with. Getting a smartphone at a lower price is really easy but once your are bound in a contract, it might create a few hassles in certain situations. At times, you might find this sense of bondage to be irritating and frustrating. The easy installments that you pay to your network provider might feel like a big burden especially if you are not satisfied with the network availability, quality, service and plans of your carrier.
Your one self might push you forward to revolt but the other self reminds you of the chains of contract you have signed up with your carrier. In most cases you can buy a SIM-unlock code from your operator after paying a certain amount of money. Besides, you can also get your smartphone network unlocked by paying third-party company.
How would you feel if you are able to SIM-unlock your phone for free? Just imagine that sense of freedom that is free itself! At Droidviews, we do not miss any opportunity to write tutorials on topics that not only enrich the awareness and understanding of our visitors, but also help them do things that save money and spread a smile on their faces with the sense of victory at the same time.
Earlier, we brought you a couple of tutorials on unlocking a SIM-locked smartphone for free, but those guides were for a limited set of Android devices from Samsung, such as Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. You can have a look at those tutorials by visiting the following links:
Today, we shall share with you the trick to SIM-unlock another popular device, the Samsung Galaxy S4. The method has been tested successfully and found working on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and branded GT-I9500. Actually, there’s nothing new in this SIM-unlock method but what makes it different in Galaxy S4 case is the code to launch the service menu.
Are You Looking for This?
SIM Unlock Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Just follow the steps below to unlock your Galaxy S4. The best part of using this procedure is that the SIM unlock achieved by it is permanent and it retains even if you install the official firmware from your carrier. Take care that you do not press the Back button of your device. To go back, always tap on Menu button on phone and then select Back from the options.
- Launch Service Mode on your Galaxy S4. You can do this by dialing *#0011# on your phone’s keypad in Phone app.
- When the Service menu is launched, tap on Menu (left soft key) button on the phone and from the list of options, select Back.
- Now tap the Menu button again and select Key Input from the options. Doing this will popup a box. Tap on it, enter 1 and then press OK.
- Tap the Menu button once again and select Back. Doing this will take you back to the MAIN MENU of Service Mode.
- Now tap on the first option, that is,  UMTS.
- When you get into the UMTS MAIN MENU, tap on  Debug Screen.
- On the next screen tap  Phone Control.
- Under the PHONE CONTROL menu you’ll see an option called  Network Lock.
- On the next screen, tap on  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- Okay, now go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by tapping on Menu (left soft key on phone) and selecting Back from the options.
- When you come back to UMTS menu, tap on COMMON.
- On the next screen, select NV REBUILD.
- Then tap on RESTORE BACK UP in the NV Rebuild menu.
- Your Galaxy S4 will now go into a temporary freezing state then you’ll see some activities. The screen will turn black, the LED will light Blue, and the Menu and Back key button on phone will turn on.
Finally, your phone will reboot automatically and it will take about a minute to boot up. Your Galaxy S4 is now SIM-unlocked! Enjoy the freedom from you carrier! To check if the unlock was successful or not, try a SIM card that is not from your carrier.
The method given above should work on most SIM-locked GT-I9500 and GT-I9505, but if it doesn’t help you, try the Method 2 given below. Actually, all steps are the same as above but there is a slight difference.
- Make sure your phone has the authorized SIM card in it (the same network to which it is locked).
- Open your Galaxy S4′s dialer and dial *#0011#
- Press the Menu key (left to the Home button). You’ll see a list of options, tap on BACK.
- Now press the Menu again the select KEY INPUT.
- Tap on the text-field and enter ” 1 “(one).
- Your phone should now enter SERVICE MODE MAIN MENU. If not, press Menu button and tap on BACK again.
- Now tap UMTS
- Then DEBUG SCREEN > PHONE CONTROL> NETWORK LOCK> PERSO SHA256 OFF
- Now go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU. To do this, press Menu then Back several times till you reach UMTS MAIN MENU.
- Tap COMMON> NV REBUILD> RESTORE BACK UP
- Your Galaxy S4 will now go through a series of unusual stages. It’ll will freeze, the screen will turn black, LED will light in Blue, Menu and Back key will turn ON.
- Wait about a minute till the device reboots.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 should now be SIM-unlocked! To verify the successful
Whether it worked for your Galaxy S4 or not, do not forget to share with us. It helps us as well as others!