Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i isn’t as spectacular a phone as its name suggests, but it is a competent budget smartphone. The little monster has a 3.5 inch 320 x 480 pixel display, a 800 MHz processor, a 5.0 MP 2592 x 1944 pixels rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash, WiFi, and 1350 mAh Li-Ion battery. The phone was released in March 2011 with Android 2.2 Froyo which has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread.
If you have this phone and are looking for an Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean update from Samsung, you are simply beating about the bush. That is not to say that there is no chances of enjoying ICS or Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i. Remember it the awesome world of Android where impossible is nothing and nothing is impossible. It is another thing that being a low-end smartphone, all Galaxy Ace phones have not got due attention from our developers. Still there is not a complete void if we talk about a custom ROM for the Galaxy Ace S5830i.
Please note that before being able to install a custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i, you will have to root your phone. Moreover, it must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it. If you already have a rooted phone, you can directly jump to the custom ROMs section. In case you have rooted and installed CWM Recovery on your Ace S5830i, head over to our handy tutorial by clicking on the link below.
Before you actually proceed to install custom ROM on you Galaxy Ace 5830i, let me warn you that it is a risky procedure. Do not move ahead unless you are fully aware of what you are going to do. The method and ROMs listed below have been tested by thousands of people successfully but if you are not duly careful through the procedure, your case might be an exception. Neither Droidviews nor the developers of the ROMs will, at any rate, be responsible for any mishap. Being a owner of your phone, you know better what is god for you.
Well, if you ready to flash a custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace 5830i, you need to do a few things before proceeding to flash the ROM. Among the other things you need to do before installing this ROM are:
- Get your Galaxy Ace 5830i fully charged.
- Backup all your contacts, messages and other important data. Use these free apps to backup all data.
- Turn on the USB Debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings> Applications>Development> USB Debugging> check the box.
- Download the ROM you like from the links below. Do not extract the zip file and copy it to the main directory of your device’s SD Card (not in a sub-folder).
- Download Google Apps for your phone from below (do not extract) and copy it to the same location as the ROM file.
Backup EFS Partition that Contains IMEI:
IMPORTANT: The EFS Partition of you phone contains your phone’s IMEI number. Sometimes when your install a custom ROM, your phone’s IMEI number might disappear and as a result you will not be able to make a call, receive a message, and use internet. To avoid any problem, it’ll be better if you backup your IMEI for safety purpose. In case you discover that your phones IMEI number has gone/lost, you can restore the “efs” folder back to its place and your problem will be fixed. Use an app called Galaxy ToolBox for the purpose.
Download: Galaxy ToolBox.apk (187.15 KB)
[appbox googleplay com.doky.sgtoolbox]
Installing a ROM on Galaxy Ace:
- First of all make sure that you have done all things mentioned above under preparations.
- Go to Settings > Mobile networks>Access point name and note down the settings. You might need to setup it again in case you are unable to use data connection after installing the ROM.
- Turn off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home keys and then long press the Power key till the start up screen with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i″ logo blinks for two times and you see a screen as shown below. Another way to boot the device into ClockworkMod to download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and use “Reboot into Recovery” option.
- In the Recovery Mode, use Volume, Home and Power keys to navigate between the options and select them.
- Open “backup and restore” and backup your current ROM (important). When the backup is done go back to the main menu
- In the CWM Recovery Mode, scroll to “wipe data factory reset” option and select “Yes”.
- Go to “advanced” option and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go to “mounts and storage” and wipe “system”.
- Then come back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Now browse to the ROM file and select it. Confirm your choice by selecting “yes”.
- This will start the installation process and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When it is done, go back and install the Gapps using Step 8.
- Return to the main menu again and select “reboot system now”. It might take a few minutes before your device reboots, so a little patience is required.
When the phone boots up, you will be able to enjoy the newly installed Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830i.
Download Google Apps Apk
Download the following Google apps, copy them to your phone by connecting phone to computer using USB cable and install them.
Google Play Store: Click Here
Gmail 4.2.1: Click Here
Gmail 4.1.2: Click Here
Google Maps: Click Here
Google Currents: Click Here
1. Jelly Blast JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Ace S5830i:
The Jelly Blast ROM for the Galaxy Ace S5830i is one of the best choices out there if you want to upgrade your phone to the latest version of Android Jelly Bean. The ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10 and lets you enjoy Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with all new features. The ROM is a port from the Jelly Blast ROM for the Galaxy Y. The Galaxy Ace version is very fast and smooth. Needless to say it is a battery-friendly ROM. If your mind is stuffed with Jelly Bean, go for it and it would not disappoint you. Being based on CM, the ROM also supports themes which can be downloaded from the Play Store.
How to Fix JellyBlast Headset Bug:
After installing this ROM, if you get problems with audio or earphone not detecting issue, download and install the SoundAbout app from the Play Store. Open the app, search audio media and check the Wired Headset (with Mic) option. Connect your earphone to phone. To go back to the normal mode change it to “Let the Phone Decide” option.
[appbox googleplay com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix]
Downloads and Instructions:
Download Jelly Blast ROM Galaxy Ace S5830i: Link
Download Google Apps: Gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip [CyanogenMod 10.0.x]
How to install: Go to the beginning of the post for installation instructions. Please flash this ROM on on your phone after updating your phone to the latest version of stock firmware, otherwise you might face camera and headphone issues.
Watch JellyBlast ROM for Galaxy Ace S5830i in action:
2. Simplicity V3 ROM Final Ace S5830i + Themes:
Developer: Abhi922 (Donate)
Do you own a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i and are crazy about iPhone, you can enjoy the look and feel of the iOS on your very Ace S5830i with the Simplicity V3 Final ROM for your phone. The ROM does not only lets you enjoy the iOS look on your Ace, but it also comeS with Xperia Arc and Xperia S themes that completely revamp the look of your Galaxy Ace S5830i.
I would like to recommend this theme for your phone not only for its theming capabilities, but also for its smooth performance and features. The only known bugs of the ROM are Kies and Camera not working. The Camera bug, however, can be fixed by installing the camera app (download below). Copy the Camera.apk to your device’s SD Card and install it from File Manager.
Downloads and Instructions:
Simplicity V3 ROM Galaxy Ace S5830i: Link
Google Apps (MDPI): Gapps-mdpi-20110501-signed.zip
Camera App: Link1, Link2
Windows Phone8 Metrosphere Theme: Download Theme
Adobe Flash Player for Ace S5830i: Link1, Link2
How to Install:
Install the ROM using the steps given in the tutorial given the beginning of the post.
- To install the themes and Adobe Flash Player on your Galaxy Ace S5830i, follow the following steps:
- Download the zips (do not extract them)
- Boot the phone into CWM Recovery.
- Scroll down to “install zip from sd card> choose zip from sd card>”, select the desired zip and confirm your choice by selecting “yes”.
- When the file is installed, go back to the main menu of the CWM and scroll to “advanced’ option and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Return to main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Done! Enjoy the new theme!
3. MindCr SGS3 Styled Rom for Galaxy Ace S5830i
Enjoy the look and feel of the Samsung Galaxy S3 on your very Galaxy Ace S58230i by dressing up your phone with the MindCr SGS3 styled Rom. It is a feature packed ROM that ports most of the Galaxy S3 UI design. The ROM is fast, smooth and battery-friendly as well. The ROM is based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. To know what features it brings to your phone, just throw your eyes below.
Features of the ROM:
- Rom 2.4 Deodexed MindCr Gingerbread.BGHL4 (XXLH3)
- Bootanimation – Blue Android Particles.
- SGS3 themed: Looks like SGS3, Sounds SGS3, Dialer SGS3, Wallpapers & Ringtones SGS3
- 15 buttons in the scroll-bar (6 visible).
- 6 screen lock styles.
- Swipe notifications to remove it
- Center Clock
- Fix Host file for AdFree
- Removed some useless applications.
- Holo Launcher 1.2.8
- Tweaks and battery performance.
- Memory and Internet Tweaks
- Mod Touchscreen sensibility
- Automatic Zipaling every 5 starts.
- Improved sound (Mega Bass Beats + Dsp Manager)
- SD cache size 1024
- ZRam 72 mb
- Kernel Rafael Baugis 201211201515
- Quickpanel and ROM settings support language: English, Spanish, Italian and Polish
How to Install:
If you are going to install this ROM over a another custom ROM, follow the guide given the beginning. In case, you are to flash it over a stock ROM, follow the following steps:
- Download the ROM: Link 1, Link 2
- Download ClockworkMod: Link 1, Link 2
- Download Flash Player: Link 1, Link 2
- Copy the ROM file.zip, ClockWorkRec.zip and Flash Player.zip files in the root (main) directory of your SD Card.
- Turn off the phone and boot it into Recovery Mode by pressing: Volume up + home + power. (To navigate the menu use the volume keys, to select the home, and back to return).
- Go to “apply update from sdcard” and choose ClockworkRec.zip
- Then wipe data / reset – YES
- Go to advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache>yes
- Return to main menu
- Go to “mounts and storage> format /system> yes”
- mount /system (it change to unmount) – Press Back
- Select “install zip from sd” / “choose zip from sd card”
- Select ROM file and confirm
- When the installation is finished, go back to main menu and reboot phone.
Enjoy the Galaxy S3 styled ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830i!
4. Ace-i-Sure ROM (Recommended)
Ace-i-Sure is in fact a Gingerbread ROM with Holo launcher that makes it look like a Jelly Bean based ROM. Since most of the so called Jelly Bean based custom ROMs are not really up to the mark, Ace-i-Sure is one that will make you happy. It’s one of the most perfect and bugless ROMs for the Galaxy Ace S5830i.
Here are some of the features of the ROM:
- Based on Stock Kernel
- Modded Holo Launcher for better performance
- 6 lockscreen themes
- New Status Bar & Notification Area + 15 toggles in notifications
- Swipe to Remove Notifications
- Quick Brightness Control
- 280+ Languages Support
- Battery Charging Animation in status bar
- New Settings layout
- DSP Audio Settings
- 100 Built-in Direct Wallpapers
- Dialer Themes
- Perfect Keyboard
- New ringtones and alarm Sounds
- Several build.prop Tweaks added
- My Files replaced by ES File Explorer
- Voice Recorder replaced by Ultimate Voice Recorder
- Google Play Store v.3.10.9
- Google Maps 6.12.0
- Google YouTube 4.1.47
- Jorte Calendar 1.4.17
Google Apps: Download the APK files from here and install.
How to Install: Follow the a steps given the tutorial at the beginning of the article.
How to Unbrick/Install Official ROM on Ace S5830i