The Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is one of the most popular Android low-end phones which has been in the market for a long time. The device was launched in February 2011 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread which has recently been updated to Android 2.3.6 (still GB). Due to its moderate hardware specifications, the phone never saw an official update even to Android 4.04 Ice Cream Sandwich, not to talk of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Android being and Open Source OS, it has endless possibilities. You can always expect the unexpected with an Android phone in your hand. Thanks to the great developers who work hard day and night to give us even those updates and features that we do not get officially by a mobile phone manufacturer. These Android Devs have made our experience with the Galaxy Ace S5830 richer by cooking awesome ROMs that have made us stick to this little monster for such a long time.
One day just during a regular analysis of the web search keywords at Droidviews I noticed how desperate the Galaxy Ace users are to update and install a Jelly Bean ROM on their device. Hundreds of people coming daily for a Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Ace everyday! This made me write an article with a collection of some of the best Jelly Bean ROMs that helps you choose one that is most suitable for you.
Do not Forget to Read:
Flashing a custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830 might prove a little risky for you phone. Neither Droidviews, nor the developers of any of the ROMs listed here shall be responsible for any damage to your phone. All the ROMs have been tested by thousands of users worldwide but if you are not careful enough during flashing the a ROM, the case might different for you. Use your own discretion and then proceed.
How to Install a Custom ROM on Galaxy Ace s5830:
Well, if you ready to flash a Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy Ace, you need to do a few things before proceeding to flash the ROM. Since a custom ROM is directly related to modifying/replacing the system files, it requires root access and there fore you will have to root your phone before being eligible to any such action. If you have yet rooted your Galaxy Ace, head over to our handy tutorial first, then continue from the steps below: Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Among the other things you need to do before installing this ROM are:
- Get your Galaxy Ace fully charged.
- Backup all your contacts, messages and other important data. Backup your contacts, call-logs, messages, APNs, bookmarks, calendar, apps & games using these nice free apps.
- Turn on the USB Debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings> Applications>Development> USB Debugging> check the box.
- Download the ROM you like from the links below. Do not extract the zip file and copy it to the main directory of your device’s SD Card (not in a sub-folder).
- Download Google Apps for your phone from below (do not extract) and copy it to the same location as the ROM file.
Backup EFS Partition that Contains IMEI:
IMPORTANT: The EFS Partition of you phone contains your phone’s IMEI number. Sometimes when your install a custom ROM, your phone’s IMEI number might disappear and as a result you will not be able to make a call, receive a message, and use internet. To avoid any problem, it’ll be better if you backup your IMEI for safety purpose. In case you discover that your phones IMEI number has gone/lost, you can restore the “efs” folder back to its place and your problem will be fixed. Use an app called Galaxy ToolBox for the purpose.
Download: Galaxy ToolBox.apk (187.15 KB)
[appbox googleplay com.doky.sgtoolbox]
Installing a ROM on Galaxy Ace:
- First of all make sure that you have done all things mentioned above under preparations.
- Turn off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Home+Power keys till the start up screen with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830″ logo blinks for two times and you see a screen as shown below.
- In the Recovery Mode, use Volume and Power keys to navigate between the options and select them.
- Open “backup and restore” and backup your current ROM (important). When the backup is done go back to the main menu
- In the CWM Recovery Mode, scroll to “wipe data factory reset” option and select “Yes”.
- Then come back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Now browse to the ROM file and select it. Confirm your choice by selecting “yes”.
- This will start the installation process and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When it is done, go back and install the GApps using Step 8.
- Return to the main menu again and select “reboot system now”. It might take a few minutes before your device reboots, so a little patience is required.
When the phone boots up, you will be able to enjoy the newly installed Jelly Bean ROM on your phone. Cheers!
Download Google Apps:
In case you have any issue with Google apps zip package, download the following Google apps apk files, copy them to your phone by connecting phone to computer using USB cable and install them.
Looking for Galaxy Ace 5830i ROMs? Click Below:
1. Unofficial CM 10 ‘Jellaxy’ ROM JB 4.1.1
Developer: lagloose (Donate)
The Jellaxy ROM is a CyanogenMod 10 based custom ROM that lets you enjoy Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your very Galaxy Ace S5830. Having installed this cool ROM on your phone your will be all good features like the Google Now, Project Butter, new Notifications system, lockscreen associated with Jelly Bean. Except for a few features like USB tethering, Wi-Fi tethering and Google Now (voice search) the ROM developer has been significantly successful in porting all other features in a working state.
Download ROM: Link (updated- January 04)
Download Google Apps: Gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip [CyanogenMod 10.0.x]
How to Install: See at the beginning of the post for installation procedure. Here are are the steps to perform in CWM Recovery:
- Boot into CWM
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Go to ‘mounts and storage’ and ‘format /system’ (Double check that you have selected /system and NOT /sdcard)
2. PAC [Paranoid + Aokp+ Cm10] ROM JB 4.2
Developer: nims11 (Donate)
Well, I am not sure if you are familiar with the Paranoid ROMs for Android phones or not. If not, let me inform you this ROM is one of its kind. Personally, I am a fan of this one and currently enjoying it on my Galaxy S3. The ROM comes mostly for high-end devices. Thanks to Nims11 for porting it to the Galaxy Ace S55830. In fact the Paranoid ROM is a Hybrid ROM that beautifully blend the look of a phone and a tablet layout into one whole. Just imagine getting a tablet style look at your Ace. With the Paranoid Android ROM installed on your phone you can change and switch your phone’s screen layout in three modes: phone, tablet and a blend of both, pablet (phone+tablet). It a batteryfriendly ROM with a fast user interface and good battery life. Another reason to go for this ROM is that it is based on the latest version of Android OS 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
Download ROM: Link
How to Install: See at the beginning of the post for installation procedure.
3. PAC-ROM Android 4.2.2 [the Best]