After Huawei rolled out the Nougat update to its 2016 flagship P9 it was time to shower some Nougat love on the Huawei P9 Lite. And sure enough, the company didn’t disappoint. The firmware B360/B361 that rolled out to the Huawei P9 Lite is well over 1.5GB in size and includes EMUI 5.0 built atop Android 7.0 Nougat.
- 1 What’s new?
- 2 Disclaimer
- 3 Prerequisite
- 4 Downloads
- 5 Update Huawei P9 Lite Manually To Official Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0)
The update brings back the app drawer to Huawei’s EMUI which has always had more in common with Apple’s iOS than Android. The UI is better than ever and more streamlined. To the non-stock Android lover, it might even seem beautiful to look at. The settings menu has been redesigned as well. Features from the Nougat side include of course the multi window or split screen and customizable Quick settings tiles as well as suggested settings in the settings app among a lot of other things. Changes specific to the Huawei P9 Lite include performance improvement and fixed RAM management.
If you wish to update your Huawei P9 Lite to the official Nougat firmware from Huawei, we have laid out a step by step guide for you and we hope you find it helpful.
This guide covers the following Huawei P9 variants:
The update is only meant for Huawei P9 Lite, and will not work on the Huawei P9. DroidViews is in no way responsible for anything that happens to your device and you understand that anything you do is your own responsibility. That said, we do take great care to keep the guide simple enough, and accurate enough. Being an official update this will not void your warranty.
- Make sure you have installed the latest USB drivers for Huawei P9 Lite on your PC.
- Charge your device so it doesn’t turn off while the update is still in progress.
- While the data on your phone should be safe, we’d still advise that you keep a backup of it just in case.
- Download from below the firmware according to your phone’s model number. Download all the files specified for your specific model number.
To know more about P9 Lite’s firmware, please click here.
Update Huawei P9 Lite Manually To Official Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0)
- Extract the contents of the zip files you downloaded from above.
- Create a folder named “dload” in the root directory of your device’s SDcard.
- Copy all the extracted contents of the zips into the dload folder.
- Open the dialer app and dial *#*# 2846579#*# *
- Select Project Menu > Software upgrade > SDcard upgrade > confirm the installation.
- The firmware will begin installing and once that is done your device will reboot automatically.
That’s it. You should soon be greeted with EMUI 5.0 running on top of Android 7.0 Nougat. The first boot may take a while.