With the launch of the HTC One M7, the Taiwanese company came with a beautiful design. The device proved to be one of the most popular Android smartphones and the only device that shines as a worthy contender to the iPhone4 in build quality and beauty. The OEM introduced the HTC One Max as an answer to Samsung’s Galaxy Note line of phablets and, in doing so, the company also tries to sell the design of the original One.
The HTC One Max is a good option for those who love a device with big screen and and stylish design. Anyway, if own this giant device and have not yet received the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update, it’s time to get in action. It’s to be noted that HTC started rolling the KitKat update via OTA to HTC One Max some days ago. The users of the European One Max and the Sprint variant of the device have confirmed getting the latest KitKat OTA.
The new software update for the European model bumps up the software version to 2.61.401.3 and baseband version to 1.54.401.1. If you have Sprint One Max, its software version will upgrade to 2.09.651.1. Having updated your device, it will be running the latest Android 4.4.2. It’s true that your device will not have the new Sense 6 that was introduced with the M8, but that is hopefully just an another OTA update hopefully.
As you know OTA updates are served to users in phases due to server limitations and other local differences. If you have not got the KitKat update yet, it’s time to update your HTC One Max to Android 4.4.2 manually by flashing the Official KitKat OTA Zip yourself. XDA members pradeepvizz and YoungAceAtlanta have mirrored the official KitKat update packages for the International HTC One Max and the Sprint One Max respectively. You can download the OTA Zip file from the links below and flash it right away via stock recovery.
Download KitKat OTA File:
International HTC One Max (650.5MB)
Sprint HTC One Max (344.6MB)
Update HTC One Max to Android 4.4.2
- Download and copy the OTA Zip file to your device memory.
- Boot your device into recovery mode:
- Turn off your device
- Press and hold Volume Down+Power keys together for a few seconds till you see the HBOOT screen.
- Using the volume down key highlight the RECOVERY option and select it by pressing the Power button.
- Now go to “apply from phone storage” or “apply from sd card” depending on where you have copied the OTA file.
- Select the ZIP and install it.
- When the file is installed, wipe cache partition and then reboot the device.
Your HTC One Max has now been updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy!