Huawei which is now among the best smartphone manufacturers in the global market has been known for launching its latest flagship smartphones in the Huawei Mate series and the latest smartphone in the Huawei Mate series for 2017 was launched last month. This smartphone has been named as the Huawei Mate 10 and the Huawei Mate 10 Pro where the Mate 10 Pro is the most premium smartphone and the best that the company has to offer this year. Now, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro comes with all the specifications and features that are expected from a premium smartphone this year.
The smartphone comes with a display that has an 18:9 aspect ratio and the smartphone has an edge-to-edge design on the front which is mostly covered by the display and the Huawei logo at the bottom. Apart from that, the smartphone has a dual camera setup on the back which is now a common feature in flagship smartphones. Now, the device was launched by the company last year and the sales of the phone have already commenced around the world.
If you are one of the owners of the Huawei Mate 10 Pro and you want to unlock the bootloader of your device and gain root access then you are at the right place. One of the XDA senior members, otoneiru has posted the procedure to unlock bootloader and root the Huawei Mate 10 Pro and we have attached the step-by-step tutorial to follow this procedure below. Note that this procedure does not cover the method to install TWRP recovery on your phone as currently there is no TWRP recovery available for the device.
- You need to have a Huawei account. If you don’t already have the account, you can register for a new account from here.
- You need to enable Developer options setting by tapping few times on the build number of your phone.
- In Developer options, tick on “Enable OEM unlock” & “USB Debugging” option
- Your phone should have at least 50% or more battery life remaining to continue this process
Steps to Unlock Bootloader and Root Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- You will need to follow all the steps mentioned in the Prerequisites section and proceed with unlocking the bootloader on your Mate 10 Pro.
- Once you have registered or already have a Huawei account, log in to your account and get the bootloader unlock code for your device from here.
- You will have to log in to your account after visiting the above link and Agree to the Huawei unlocking agreement which will warn you about the risks involved.
- Now, you will have to fill up the form with some information like your Model number, IMEI information, and other details.
- After this, click on Commit to get the Unlock code for your device.
- The Unlock code will be available as a popup and you will have to take a screenshot or write it down at a safe place which you will need for future steps.
- Now, connect the smartphone to your PC via USB cable and open the extracted HuaweiFunky tool folder downloaded from above.
- Inside the folder, open a command prompt window by right-clicking and enter the following command:
adb devices[The command prompt window will show an alphanumeric code which means that your device has been connected successfully]
- Now, type the following code to enter fastboot/bootloader mode on your phone
adb reboot bootloader
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command along with the unlock code that you obtained from Huawei website
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK-KEY [example: fastboot oem unlock 134b2u9f]
- After entering the above command, your phone will be factory reset, your bootloader will be unlocked and you will get booted into the system automatically.
- Now, finish the setup process and enable USB debugging once again on your phone
- After this, you will have to enter the command to enter fastboot mode as follows:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in fastboot mode again, you have to run the FHMate10Tool.exe file from the FunkyHuawei Root tool folder which you have downloaded and extracted from above.
- Now, you will see a screen like the one attached below which will give you 5 options
- Now, enter 1 inside the tool, press enter and the process to root your Huawei Mate 10 will get started.
- The process will take a few minutes and your smartphone’s data will be fully wiped once again.
- Once all the above steps are completed properly, you will have the bootloader unlocked and SuperSU installed on your Huawei Mate 10.
Now, you will have root access on your device along with the ability to install a custom recovery on the phone also as the bootloader is unlocked.
Make sure to follow the entire tutorial properly to have a safe and quick installation without any problems.