Xiaomi managed to sell over one million smartphones in India last year. The great response by Indian consumers made India an important market for Xiaomi. Keeping this in mind they launched the Mi4i in New Delhi in April this year. Here ‘i’ refers to India. Mi 4i is a budget version of earlier launched Mi 4. Xiaomi Mi 4i is currently one of the best smartphones to buy under $250.
The Mi 4i features gorgeous 5.00 inch full HD display with a pixel density of 441ppi. It is powered by 1.1Ghz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor alongside 2 gigs of RAM and a 13-megapixel rear camera. It comes with 3120 mAh non-removable battery with the functionality of Quick charge. It comes pre-installed with MIUI v6 which is based on Android Lollipop 5.0.2. It is also 4G enabled. Clearly, it offers the best specs in this price range.
Rooting your Android device enables you to access system files which are otherwise hidden. There are many applications which have been developed to enhance your user experience but they require special permissions to access your system files, this can be achieved by rooting your device.
Installing a custom recovery like TWRP enables you to perform various functions which a stock Android recovery is unable to do. With a custom recovery, you can install custom ROMs on your device, you can take backup of your current ROM with all the data and settings, TWRP specifically is a touch-based recovery which gives better user experience than the stock recovery which is controlled by hardware buttons.
Unfortunately, this powerful budget phone is sold by Xiaomi at flash sales only, in India. If you are few of the lucky owners of this awesome device and want to root it, here an easy guide for you.
The tool can perform the following functions:
- Root your Mi 4i
- Install TWRP on your Mi 4i
- Backup and Restore EFS (IMEI)
Steps to be followed:
- Download the zip file and extract to your PC: Mi4i Toolkit V4.zip
- Disable your Antivirus and Mi Phone Suite before starting this tool.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone and tap MIUI version 7 times to enable Developer Settings.
- Now open the Developer Settings and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC and open ‘mi toolkit.exe’
- Now the option for the action you want to perform and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete and then Reboot your device.
Congrats, you have successfully rooted your Mi 4i. To make sure you are rooted install the Root Checker app linked below.