The Xperia Z1 is the latest flagship smartphone from the house of Sony. This upgraded version of Xperia Z boasts of various features and specs that are best in class. Whether this device will really be helpful for Sony to bring it back to the main stream on Android scenario is yet to be seen. However, we cannot deny the very fact that Xperia Z1 deserves an honorable place among the leading smartphones on the day. A waterproof smartphones that houses a 5.0-inch Full HD display and a 20.7 megapixel camera sensor and all of Sony’s best multimedia experience, simply makes a killer combination.
It has not been very long since the device made its way to the market for sale, but if you have bought it and looking for a method to achieve root access on it, we have come with a very easy way to do that. It is a one-click root tool developed by a Chinese developer. Though the 360Root or VRoot Tool is not an Xperia Z1 dedicated utility, it works fine (on other Sony devices too) and gives you root access on the device easily.
- Create a backup of all your important data. Rooting does not wipe any data but this step is important as a precaution.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device from Settings> Developer options> USB Debugging. In case you are not able to see Developer Options under Settings, you’ll have to enable Developers Options first. To do that, read this guide.
- Make sure your phone has decent level of battery power left.
- Download one of the following rooting tools: VRoot Setup
How to Root Xperia Z1 with VRoot/360Root Tool
Using both the tools is very easy, but since they are in Chinese, you might need a little help.
- Install VRoot on your Windows computer.
- When it is installed, connect your Xperia Z1 to the computer using USB cable.
- Launch VRoot and click on the green ROOT button.
- It’ll take just a few seconds too root your phone and after that the device will reboot and you’ll get the confirmation screen.
360Root Tool Method:
In case the VRoot Tool doesn’t work for you, try the other tool.
- Install 360Root tool by running the setup.
- Run the tool and if it prompts you to close any conflicting programs, obey it.
- Relaunch the tool and connect your phone to computer.
- Click the green ROOT button.
- Your device will be rooted and it will be confirmed by 360Root tool.
Done! You have successfully rooted your brand new Sony Xperia Z1 and now you can enjoy all apps that require root access and thus enhance your phone’s functionality, performance and usability. Cheers!