If you are looking forward to root or even unroot your Asus Zenfone 2, then here is a simple one-click utility that makes the procedure extremely easy. The toolkit works and has been tested on AT&T ASUS ZenFone 2E/2/Z00D/ZE500CL variants. Moreover, the 550ML/551ML versions of the device are also supported.
To root your Asus Zenfone 2, you first need to setup adb and fastboot and the rest is performed with the utility from the download section. Now you don’t need to manually pass commands to root nor do you require a custom recovery to flash the SuperSU package. Everything is handled by the one-click root utility. You can also unroot using the same toolkit. Before we begin make sure you backup everything, just in case anything goes wrong.
Warning: Rooting your device may void warranty. We at DroidViews, are not responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Download | Asus Zenfone 2E One-Click Root & Unroot Toolkit (File: Zenfone_root.zip (5 MB))
Backup Apps and Data
While this process may not wipe any of your data, a backup is highly recommended. Once you install TWRP, backup your system, data,etc. from the recovery. It will be helpful in case anything goes wrong.
- The root and unroot procedure works only for the AT&T Asus ZenFone 2/2E/Z00D/ZE500CL/550ML/551ML. Make sure you have one of the variants.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer.
- Install Asus USB Drivers on your computer. Click here.
- Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Go to Developer options and enable Allow OEM unlock.
Root AT&T Asus Zenfone 2E/2
- Download the Zenfone_root.zip file from the download section and transfer them to your PC.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Now extract the root toolkit to get a new folder.
- Open the extracted folder, and run “Root_zenfone.bat” as administrator. A new command window will open. Check Yes on your device if it prompts to trust the connection.
- Your phone will reboot into fastboot and perform rest of the operations.
- Your phone will reboot to system when finished.
Once reboot into the system, your phone will now have root access. If you wish to receive further updates from Asus or the carrier for your device like the upcoming Android 5.1 update, then do not update the binaries in the SuperSU app. Verify root using the root checker app.
Unroot AT&T Asus Zenfone 2E/2
If you want to unroot your phone then here is a simple guide to do so. Just run the “Xoa_root.bat” file from the extracted folder and follow the instructions from the script and it will perform rest of the operations. However, make sure you have setup everything as mentioned in the tutorial above.
For any queries, comment down below.