OnePlus released a new smartphone earlier last month which has now become the flagship smartphone of the company for 2017. This smartphone has been named as the OnePlus 5T and the smartphone also becomes the successor to the OnePlus 5 which was launched as the flagship smartphone from the company in the middle of 2017. The OnePlus 5T has some upgrades in the hardware department from the OnePlus 5 which was launched earlier. The first noticeable change on the OnePlus 5T from the OnePlus 5 is that the smartphone now has an edge-to-edge display which covers most of the front portion of the smartphone. Thus, it means that there is no more room to fit in the fingerprint sensor on the front of OnePlus 5T. Therefore, the OnePlus 5T has a fingerprint sensor on the back which was located at the front of the OnePlus 5.
Now, one more thing that we have known about OnePlus smartphones from the past is that the company has become popular among its fans for being the most developer-friendly OEM among all the OEM that has been operating in the market. The reason for this reputation of OnePlus is because all of the OnePlus smartphones come with an unlockable bootloader which can be done extremely easily and you don’t even have to request a code for unlocking the bootloader on your smartphone. Apart from that, if you mess up your device and you have unlocked your bootloader then also the company offers a warranty which is not the case with each and every other OEM currently in the market.
This means that if you have bought the recently launched OnePlus 5T and you are a fan of Custom ROMs then you would have already installed a Custom Recovery along with a Custom ROM on the market. However, it may happen that you are now bored with the custom ROM that you are using for some reason and you want to go to Stock ROM and Stock Recovery including relocking the bootloader which enables us to install official updates once again then we have put up a detailed guide below which helps you to do exactly the same.
- First of all, it is assumed that you have unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus 5T, installed a custom recovery like TWRP and are running a Custom ROM on your smartphone
- Also, it is advisable to take a complete Nandroid backup of the current ROM of your smartphone as your data will be completely wiped after this process. To follow the steps for taking a Nandroid backup on OnePlus 5T, follow our tutorial from here.
- You will also need to have at least 50% battery capacity or more on your OnePlus 5T to continue with the following tutorial
- Make sure to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. If you have not installed this already, follow this guide to install adb and fastboot on your computer
Steps to Restore OnePlus 5T to Stock and Relock Bootloader
- Now, you should have already followed all the required steps mentioned in the Prerequisites. Note that each and every step mentioned in the Prerequisites section is required to be followed in order to continue this process.
- After this, you will have to download both the OxygenOS ROM as well as the OnePlus 5T recovery which has been attached in the Downloads section above.
- Once the files are downloaded, move this files to your OnePlus 5T
- After this, go to your phone’s settings and tap on About from the list of settings. In About, tap on build number 7 times and you will see a message which reads ‘you are now a developer’ which means that the Developer options have been enabled on your phone.
- After this, go to Settings>Developer options and enable advanced reboot option.
- Now, long press the Power button and you will see the option to reboot, click on it and select the recovery option so that your phone will reboot to recovery.
- In recovery, wipe all the data and files on your internal storage from TWRP->Wipe.
- Now, click on Install from TWRP and select the Stock ROM zip and flash this ROM by swiping inside TWRP.
- After this, repeat the same procedure for the OnePlus 5T Stock Recovery zip file.
- Now, reboot to bootloader from TWRP.
- Once in bootloader mode, connect your OnePlus 5T and open the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Open command prompt inside the fastboot folder and type the following command:
- Now, you should see a code displayed on the CMD screen which means that your phone is properly connected to the PC.
- To relock the bootloader on your smartphone, type the following command in the command prompt
fastboot oem lock
- Now, you will have to use the volume keys on your phone to highlight yes and press power button to confirm
- After this, your OnePlus 5T will reboot to Stock ROM as well as Stock Recovery and your bootloader will be locked once again.
Follow this tutorial and complete each and every step properly to return your OnePlus 5T to Stock ROM, Stock Recovery and relock bootloader.