Whatever brand or mobile device you go for irrespective of the operating system, you will find bloat apps on all of them. The term bloatware refers to the preinstalled apps that come with a mobile device or computer. Bloats are usually injected by hardware manufacturers or OS vendors and are generally unwanted apps that are of no use to the end-user. Let’s see how we can remove bloatware on Verizon LG G3 and AT&T G3.
Bloatware not only keeps our phone’s app drawer over-populated but they also occupy internal storage and consume RAM and CPU, making the device slow in performance. Some bloat apps keep running in the background and suck the battery juice mercilessly. Android being an open-source platform with different software providers and OEMs, is more prone to bloat apps. There are some countries, like Korea, where they have passed laws to force OEMs to make all pre-installed bloatware on a phone uninstallable, but those residing in other countries are not so blessed at the moment.
LG’s latest flagship, the G3, is already out and there is no doubt that it is one of the best smartphones in the globe. However, like most devices, the LG G3 also comes preloaded with a lot of bloat apps. If you own the brand new AT&T or Verizon LG G3 from Verizon and want to get rid of bloatware, we have come with a list of safe-to-remove apps to help you with removing those unwanted apps easily and safely.
Verizon LG G3 Bloat Apps
VZ Tones— com.vzw.hs.android.modlite VZ Messages— com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs VZ Support & Protection— com.asurion.android.verizon.vms Cloud— com.vcast.mediamanager NFL Mobile— com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite Slacker— com.slacker.radio Visual Voice Mail— com.vzw.vvm.androidclient VZ Navigator— com.vznavigator.Generic ISIS Mobile Wallet— com.isis.mclient.verizon.activity Caller Name ID VZMobile Kindle— com.amazon.kindle Mobile— com.amazon.mShop.android MP3— com.amazon.mp3 Audible— com.audible.application IMDb— com.imdb.mobile Twitter— com.twitter.android Facebook — com.facebook.katana Google+ — com.google.android.apps.plus Music — com.google.android.music Newsstand— com.google.android.apps.magazines Youtube— com.google.android.youtube
AT&T LG G3 Bloatware
Mobile Locate / com.asurion.android.mobilerecovery.att YPmobile— com.yellowpages.android.ypmobile DriveMode / com.drivemode myAT&T—com.att.myWireless Navigator— com.telenav.app.android.cingular FamilyMap— com.wavemarket.waplauncher Locker— com.att.android.digitallocker Mobile TV / com.mobitv.client.tv Smart Wi-Fi— com.att.android.attsmartwifi Address Book Device Help Mobile Hotspots Google+ — com.google.android.apps.plus Music— com.google.android.music Newsstand— com.google.android.apps.magazines Youtube— com.google.android.youtube Famigo— com.famigo.sandbox Lookout— com.lookout ISIS Mobile Wallet— com.isis.mclient.atnt.activity Beats Music— com.beatsmusic.android.client Uber — com.ubercab Amazon Kindle— com.amazon.kindle Facebook— com.facebook.katana Twitter— com.twitter.android
- AT&T or Verizon LG G3 with root access. If you have not rooted your phone yet, you can do it easily using ioRoot tool.
Remove Bloatware on Verizon LG G3
Now here’s how you can remove Bloatware on AT&T and Verizon LG G3 easily:
- Install a root file browser on your phone. We recommend Root Browser: [googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree”]
- Also, install the BusyBox app, open it and tap the install button. [googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox”]
- Now open Root Browser and grant it root permission if you are prompted to do so.
- Navigate to system/app folder and look for the Apk files listed above. If you do not find the desired app in that folder, also look in system/priv-app folder.
- Tap and hold the app file and select the Delete option.
- In case you want to keep the bloat Apk files but remove them from your phone’s app drawer, select Rename option instead and add a .bak extension to it.
- When you are done with it, just reboot your LG G3.
If you do not want to go through the above procedure, there is yet another way to get rid of the unwanted apps on your device. Just try one of the following apps. Just make sure you have already installed BusyBox.[googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp”] [googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.uninstaller”]
Read Next: 7 Android Hacks That Don’t Need Root