Motorola is a trustworthy smartphone manufacturer. Now owned and operated by Lenovo, Motorola has recently launched it’s new mid-range smartphone namely the Moto G8 Plus in India.
This mid-range smartphone is targeted towards users who prefer excellent price to performance ratio. Well, if you have been scouting for a good mid-range smartphone that runs on stock Android then the new Moto G8 Plus might impress you.
So here’s everything you need to know about Motorola’s G8 Plus.
Moto G8 Plus: Specifications And Features
As mentioned above, Moto G8 Plus is a mid-range smartphone. Consequently, Moto G8 Plus sports a complete plastic construction. That said, the overall design aesthetics of Moto G8 Plus look premium.
The 6.3-inch Full HD+ display on this smartphone is perfect for media consumption. Motorola’s brand logo on the back of this smartphone doubles up as a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
The tried and trusted Snapdragon 665 processor powers Motorola’s G8 Plus. Well, this SoC can effortlessly handle regular day to day tasks like phone calls, web-browsing, and social media.
Furthermore, you can even rely on this processor for resource-intensive tasks like photo/video editing, heavy multitasking, word processing, and much more. Lastly, the Adreno 610 GPU is ideal for casual gaming.
As for downsides, the Moto G8 Plus only comes with 4GB of RAM, which doesn’t allow the Snapdragon 665 processor to run at its full potential. So Motorola should have offered a 6GB RAM variant for power users.
Moto G8 Plus Specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2280 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable storage up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP quad pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture,0. 8um pixel size, PDAF, 16MP 117-degree Ultra-wide Action camera with 2.0um Quad Pixel technology, f/2.2 aperture,5MP depth-sensing camera, laser autofocus
- 25MP quad pixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, dual microphones, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 15W Turbo Charging
The next major highlight of Motorola’s G8 Plus is its triple camera setup. This smartphone sports a 48-megapixel primary camera with f/1.79 aperture coupled with a 5 MP depth camera and a 16-megapixel 117º ultra-wide action camera. The 4000mAh battery on this device can easily withstand an entire day of heavy usage.
Pricing And Availability
Moto G8 Plus will be available in Cosmic Blue & Crystal Pink colour variants. This smartphone costs Rs. 13,999 and it can be purchased from Flipkart by the end of October.
Read Next: The Facts and Myths About Smartphone Battery