In the modern world, digital platforms are an invariable meeting place for millions of users. The total time that modern people spend online is approaching cosmic proportions. According to creative agency We Are Social, in 2022, 4.95 billion users took up a whopping 12.5 trillion hours of network traffic. And these numbers are far from the limit; they are growing every year. Along with user activity, business activity also grows. If you are looking for ways to attract users to your business or are thinking about launching an ad exchange solution, then this article about the main digital channels for attracting and communicating with users will be of interest to you.
Where Can You Find Clients?
Where is the best place to interact with a potential client? Which online resource best meets the requirements of modern business and can be shared by an active target audience? Every business asks these questions.
The truth is that the answer may be different for every business. However, do not forget about the laws of society – people love comfort and benefits. Therefore, you need to pay attention to places where there are people.
Mobile Push Notifications
According to statistics, about 60% of business managers choose the push channel to meet and re-communicate with a client. Of these, about 44% use the strategy of floating notification windows specifically to return the user who previously made a purchase. An increase in customer retention of just 5% brings them an increase in income by 25, or even 95%.
Why is this traffic leading in demand? Obviously for the reason that it gives advertising an almost one hundred percent guarantee of being noticed and read. As soon as the owner of the smartphone unlocks the screen, the mailing appears before his eyes, regardless of whether the gadget was active at the time of sending. The Notification Center saves it in the database for the next few days.
Mobile push notifications of online stores provide access to new products and services, inform about closed sales, invite users to take part in exclusive promotions and sweepstakes and ask the consumer’s opinion about the purchase made.
For a digital channel to work effectively, it is important to understand that at the far end, there is a private device, which is a mobile phone.
Therefore, firstly, notifications need to be personalized as much as possible. Their essence should be of real interest to the addressee.
- unique offers “for a limited group of users” that provide some advantages;
- special conditions, including more favorable prices and time for subscribers.
It is equally important to analyze the intermediate effect of mobile push notifications:
- general topics and specific content of mailings;
- frequency and time of departures;
- conversion index;
- number and nature of responses;
- any other parameters of interest.
This data will help you use the tool as efficiently as possible, including correctly targeting the desired target audience.
17% of the total number of surveyed users voted for this marketing move. Not at all small, if you take into account the number of people involved in the postal network.
It is worth recognizing that a person does not feel lonely if he receives email newsletters every day, even though the interest in him is commercial. After all, in the sea of letters, there are also useful ones.
Why do advertisers like to remind people of themselves with email campaigns:
- Information is stored in the mailbox for a very long time. At the right time, the client will be able to find it.
- There’s a lot of content packed into an email.
- It has great potential in terms of customer involvement.
- Email communication allows you to communicate directly with each buyer: tell, ask, notify, offer. Marketers consider this path to promotion to be one of the most effective.
This channel has its undeniable advantages:
- You can contact the client even after he has left the site.
- The post immediately popping up on the screen cannot be ignored.
- To send a web push, you do not need to know the user’s email address or phone number; it is enough to have permission from the user to broadcast content in his digital space.
- Web notifications are 100% readable, as they are displayed on top of any tabs and windows.
- Most advertisers use web push notifications to talk about their commercial offers and motivate a potential client to make a purchase. Today, impersonal posts about crazy discounts attract few people.
WhatsApp And Other Instant Messengers
A certain percentage of companies use messenger marketing in their practice, communicating with customers through short messages. They conduct their correspondence with the utmost care: they confirm that the order has been placed or is ready for delivery, they offer something new from the assortment, and they ask the buyer’s opinion about the product and service.
Additionally, a channel or chat is an effective way to communicate with your audience. Subscribers can visit this digital channel dozens of times a day. This is why advertising in the messenger gives such high results.
Internal Messages In The Application
That’s not all, if you are passionate about advertising and dream of launching an ad exchange solution, let’s look at the latest of the most popular digital channels for communicating with customers.
For a marketer, a favorite app subscriber is someone who searches for specific products, adds them to favorites, compares prices, and actively asks questions to the seller. For him, first of all, personal posts are generated in real-time, luring, retaining, and gently persuading him to buy.
Marketers using this traffic have the opportunity to:
- accumulate leads – by motivating a guest to update his profile, we receive his personal data: email address, phone number, and so on;
- engage new customers – for example, thank you for a purchase or review, offer personal discounts for activity on the site;
- receive feedback on many questions that are useful to you.
In-app advertising brings a lot of useful information to the user without distracting him in a private space. But this channel is preferable for large online businesses with millions of customers. It is almost impossible for a small structure to analyze and feel the effectiveness of this traffic.
Wrapping It Up
There are many ways to attract the attention of potential clients. Each business can, through testing, choose its own effective ways of communicating with customers. In doing so, ad exchanges help advertisers deliver their ad messages efficiently and publishers maximize revenue from their ad space, creating a win-win environment for both parties in the digital advertising world. If you are thinking about launching an ad exchange solution, we recommend paying attention to SmartHub, a company that provides a high-quality white-label solution that includes important functionality for the modern advertising market.