MIUI is a user interface developed by Xiaomi for its range of smartphones and tablets. The latest version of MIUI i.e. MIUI 8 was rolled out to users in June 2016. Xiaomi has introduced a host of new features in MIUI 8. The best of them are Quick Ball, Dual Apps, Second Space. But as we know every ROM has its pros and cons. One of the bugs seen in the previous versions of MIUI that affects push notifications still haunts the users in the latest MIUI 8.
This bug was also seen in MIUI 7, but enabling priority notifications fixed it. In the case of MIUI 8, the issue prevails because of battery management feature of MIUI 8, which kills background apps and sync services when your phone is idle. The solution to this problem is easy. You just have to prioritize notifications and enable autostart for those apps of which you want to receive push notifications. Follow the below procedure to fix push notifications in MIUI 8. Below are 3 methods to fix this issue.
Fix Push Notifications in MIUI 8
- On your Xiaomi smartphone, head to settings.
- In the settings menu, choose the notifications and start bar option.
- There, click on App notifications.
- You will see a list of applications available on your smartphone. Choose the app which you want to prioritize.
- Enable floating notifications app icon badge and lock screen notifications.
- Click on priority button. Make sure that it is enabled by checking the color of priority button. If it changes to blue, then it is enabled.
Following these steps will most probably fix push notifications issue. If you are still not able to see the alerts for an incoming message then follow our next method.
Disable Battery Saver Mode
- Go to the settings menu on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Head to Battery and performance option.
- There you will see an option “Manage app battery usage”. Click on it.
- Select “off” in power saving modes.
This will allow the apps to continue running the apps in the background even when your phone is idle. Don’t worry, this won’t affect the battery life of the smartphone you are using. If the issue still prevails, then follow the next method.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Head to Permissions.
- Click on Autostart.
- Choose the apps which you want to start automatically.
Enabling autostart make sure that apps aren’t affected by the battery mode chosen and show notifications irrespective of battery mode. This will in all possibility push notifications in MIUI 8. For any doubts, drop down a comment below.