Samsung Note 5 has been in the news lately not just for its startling specifications but also for the latest TouchWiz ROM and user interface that it pockets. Note 5’s firmware has become so popular that developers have started porting them to their devices. If you are looking forward to changing your stock ROM or flashing a custom ROM, then look no further. Here is a chance to install the ported Note 5 ROM on your Sprint Galaxy Note 4.
Sac23, a Senior Developer at XDA, has developed a way that ports the stunning Note 5 ROM to your Note 4. The ROM is fast and smooth as reported by many users and testers. It has almost all Note 5 features and functions like the Air Command, Action memo, Freezas Beastmod Kernel, Note 5 Smart select, Screenwrite, Screen off write. Even the S6E+ People Edge feature has been included. Moreover, vn mods TouchWiz Home and other 3 rd party apps and features has also been included into the V1 of the ROM.
As it is an initial release, users may expect some bugs and stability issues. However, effort has been made to make the ROM as stable as possible and more improvements will be made in the future updates. Before we begin, make sure you have the Sprint variant of the Galaxy Note 4.
- The listed Ported Note 5 ROM is compatible with only Sprint Galaxy Note 4. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device. Click here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
- Download | V2.1- Ported Note 5 ROM for Sprint Galaxy Note 4 (File: Note_5_Sac23_Port_V2.1.zip)
How to Install the Ported Note 5 ROM on Sprint Galaxy Note 4
- Download the Ported Note 5 ROM from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
When you see the boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any bootloops or face any system errors, you can restore your previous ROM from the backups. For more updates, additional toggles and full changelog to the ROM, you can visit the developer page through this link. For queries, comment down below.