Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the most popular Android phones. The phone was released in February 2011 has millions of users worldwide. The phone came with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread in the beginning and was later updated to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Then one day, Samsung took all Galaxy S2 users by surprise when the news broke out that it will be receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update some time in November 2012. The release date, however, was later extended to December and yesterday Samsung released the source code of the Android 4.1 JB update.
It’s a kind of official confirmation that the Galaxy S2 GT I9100 might receive the long-awaited update in a week or two. We have already shortlisted some of the most popular and best custom ROMs for those who own a rooted S2. If you have a rooted phone and want to enjoy some of the coolest features from the Galaxy S3 with a flavor of stock XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean before it arrives to your device officially, we have discovered a very fast, smooth and battery-friendly custom ROM for your Galaxy S2.
Editor’s Picks for You:
Yes, today we shall talk about the AllianceROM I9100 JB V5 which combines some of the best features that are as follows:
- Based on Samsung JB leak XXLSJ Android 4.1.2, Modem XXLS6
- Rooted, deodexed and zipaligned
- Alliance ROM Customizer with root browser from Ficeto
- Alliance Control
- 6 Lockscreens – Ripple, Circle, Jellybean, Blackberry 10, Acer, LG Optimus
- Galaxy S3 Ripple Lockscreen: 13 ink effect choices on Ripple lock – None, Pink,Orange,Green,Blue,Navy,Purple,Brown,Light
- Blue,Black,Bright Red,Yellow,Dark Red
- 20 optional drop-down toggles including multi-window, smart stay, etc.
- 4 Lockscreen Shortcuts on Ripple like S3
- Information Ticker on LS from S3
- Ripple Toggle
- Popup Browser
- Long Press back key to kill apps
- Disabled Scrolling Cache
- Smart Stay
- 4 way reboot
- Multi-window with edit apps
- 4-way rotation
- Lockscreen set to 2 way rotation only
- Call recording
- Themed Framework, dialer, contacts, settings, multi-window bar, dropdown, etc.
The long list of features are enough to call it a feature-packed ROM. If you are impressed with what the Alliance ROM offers can deliver when installed on your Galaxy S2, you need to have a rooted phone with CWM Recovery installed on it. Did not root your Galaxy S2 yet? Head over to our handy Tutorial on How to Root it easily.
Now here are the steps to install the “Pure Look S3 [v3.1.1 Final]” ROM on the Galaxy S2:
- Download AllianceROM_I9100_JB_XXLSJ_v5.zip (do not extract).
- Copy the ROM file to the SD Card of your device by connecting it to your computer via USB cable.
- Charge your device’s battery to at least 80% level.
- Backup all your contacts, messages, and other important data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device. Go to Settings> Developer Options>> USB Debugging> Turn On.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into CWM Recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up+Home keys together and then press Power key for a few seconds till you see a screen like shown below. Use volume and power keys to scroll up or down and select an option in CWM.
- In CWM, go to “backup and restore” option and backup your current ROM so that you might come back to it if anything undesired happens.
- Now go back to the main menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” and confirm your choice by selecting “Yes”.
- Then go to “advanced” option and choose “wipe dalvik cache” and confirm the choice.
- Now select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Navigate to the “AllianceROM_I9100_JB_XXLSJ_v5.zip” file and select it.
- CWM Recovery will start flashing the ROM on to your Galaxy S2 and will take a few minutes to finish.
- When it is complete, go back to main menu and select “reboot system now”. It will take a few minutes for your device to reboot. Do not panic if it takes a longer time and wait patiently.
Now set up your Google account and other settings and enjoy Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S2. If you have a question on the topic or got stuck with a problem, let’s now. We will be more than happy to help you out.