The Samsung Galaxy Ace GT S5830 is one of the most popular Android phones. It has been on the market for a long time. Thanks to our great developers that they have made this low-end device with a pretty nice configuration more awesome with a bunch of good custom ROMs that have made us stick to this little monster.
There are so many ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 that one might be confused in choosing a good one out of them. So, here is the SGS3 styled ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Ace that will dress up your device to give you a perfect Galaxy S3 feel on your Ace. The ROM has been developed by XDA member WeandDroid.
Features of the SGS3 v2 Beta3 ROM for Galaxy Ace:
- Based on Android 2.3.6
- Samsung Galaxy S III look
- TouchWiz 3.5 and Holo Launcher
- Galaxy S3 wallpapers
- Galaxy S3 Icons
- Galaxy S3 Sounds
- Galaxy S3 Ported Apps
- Galaxy S3 Themed Apps
- Galaxy S3 Clock Font
- Galaxy S3 Dialer
Installing a custom ROM might prove fatal enough to brick your Galaxy Ace S5830. Neither Droidviews nor the Developer of the ROM should be held responsible for any damage done to your device. It is another thing that the method described here has been tested successfully. If you make a mistake in following the instructions given here, things might be different for you.
Preparations Before Installing a ROM:
Well, if you ready to flash the Galaxy S3 themed ROM on your Galaxy Ace, you need to do a few things before proceeding. The most important requirement is that you must have a rooted Galaxy Ace S5830 on Android Gingerbread 2.3.X. If you have not rooted your phone, do it now. Read our easy guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Among the other things you need to do before installing this ROM are:
- Charge your device’s battery to at least 70% level.
- Backup all your contacts, messages and other important data.
- Go to Settings> Applications>Development> USB Debugging> Turn On.
- Download the ROM siiiv2b3.zip (do not extract) and copy it to the root directory of your device’s SD Card.
- Download Google Apps gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (do not extract) and copy it to the same location as the ROM file.
Here are the steps to install the SGS3 v2 Beta3 ROM on your Galaxy Ace S5830:
- First of all, make sure that you have done all things described above.
- Turn off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery Mode. Press the Volume Up+Home+Power keys simultaneously till the startup screen with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830” logo blinks for two times and you see a screen as shown below. Another way to boot the device into ClockworkMod to download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and use “Reboot into Recovery” option.
- In the Recovery Mode, use Volume, Home and Power keys to navigate between the options and select them.
- Open “backup and restore” and backup your current ROM, so that you might restore it later in case anything goes wrong.
- When you enter the Recovery Mode, go to “wipe data factory reset” option and select “Yes”.
- Then to “wipe cache partition” and confirm by selecting “Yes”.
- Now go to the “advanced” option and select “wipe dalvik cache”
- Then come back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Now browse to the ROM file and select it.
- This will start the installation process and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When it is done, go back and install the GApps “gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip“
- Return to the main menu again and select “reboot system now”.
- It might take a few minutes before your device reboots. Just wait patiently.
The Samsung Galaxy Styled ROM should now be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830. Cheers!!! If you have any doubts or problem relating to this post, please drop a comment and feel free to share your experience with us.