The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 is the 4G LTE variant to the S3 with 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 1.4 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP4 GPU, 8MP camera and a 4.8 inches Super AMOLED display. The GT-I9305 is an improvement to the S3 GT-I9300 but has been officially supported by Samsung to relish the KitKat taste.
The latest version of Android took off a huge leap with the release of KitKat 4.4 during the fall of last year. Since then, its over a complete cycle when KitKat now covers a major proportion of devices providing a better-than-ever user interface, performance and extreme support. Manufacturers have bought KitKat to its latest flagships, of which Galaxy S3 GT-I9305 is one to have now received the latest KitKat 4.4.4 Firmware update. This guide will instruct you to easily install the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305. The procedure will follow up using the famous Odin flashing tool.
DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Updating firmware manually may harm your device in unknown ways. Understand the risk and proceed thereafter.
- Install Samsung USB drivers: Click here
- Backup your device completely (storage, SMS, contacts, calendars, etc.)
- Charge your S3 to at least 60% battery to avoid any shutdowns during the procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging using our detailed guide
Download the firmware
Odin Flash Tool: Odin_v3.07.zip
Steps to Install KitKat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305
- Extract the downloaded DBT-I9305XXUFNI3-20140927015030.zip and you will find the corresponding firmware update .md5 file.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305.
- Press Volume Down, Home and Power buttons altogether until you see the warning triangle. Now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Extract the downloaded Odin_v3.07.zip and double-click on Odin3 v3.07.exe to start the Odin Program.
- You will see the ID: COM box lighten up with the corresponding device ID, which means the connection has been established successfully.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked and everything else is left as it is.
- Click on the PDA button and select the firmware .md5 file from the location where it was extracted during step #1.
- Click on the Start button to initiate the process. It will take a few minutes to finish.
- Once the process is complete, you will be indicated by a PASS message in the message box.
- The device will then reboot itself normally into the updated KitKat firmware. Please note that the first boot might take time.
Voila! You now have KitKat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305. Enjoy the taste of the latest Android with a plethora of new features. If you’re struck anywhere, comment below and let us know. If you’ve installed the new firmware update and want to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305, click on the link below.