If you remember, we did a tutorial on installing the LG G2 keyboard port with its beautiful themes a few months ago. The successor of the LG G2 has already been launched and there is still time before the all-new LG G3 becomes available in the market for aspiring users. The LG G3 is an amazing phone with smarter features than any other phone on the planet. Among the plethora of features that make it wonderful, the new smart LG G3 Keyboard app.
What makes the LG G3 Keyboard app smartly different from the stock keyboards found on other smartphones is it intuitive nature. It can be adjusted to fit comfortable typing, it learns from your typing habits and it grows by collecting data. It keeps learning how and what you type and uses the collected data to give you the best possible interpretations. Suppose, you frequently commit the mistake of typing S’s when you actually want to type A’s. The LG G3 Keyboard will register such mistakes and expand the sensing area (not the key button) of A button so that you type it correctly the next time. No more typos!
LG G3 Keyboard also lets you adjust the height and layout. You can change the voice input, handwriting and symbol keys layout from keyboard settings. You can choose whether or not show the numeric keys on the top row of the keyboard. If you have a phone with a large display, you can even enable one-hand operation mode which aligns the keyboard to left/right side of the screen. If you like to use different types of Smileys and Emoticons while typing, the LG G3 Keyboard offers you hundreds of goodies. Like the older versions of LG keyboards, the LG G3 Keyboard also supports themes. By default, you will find only the black and white themes.
If you don’t plan to get the LG G3 but would like to enjoy its keyboard app on the phone you own right now, it’s become possible now. All thanks to Cloudyfa from XDA forum for porting the LG G3 Keyboard app to work on all Android devices running stock KitKat or custom ROMs based on it. I tested the keyboard port on 4 devices, namely the HTC One M8, LG G2, Nexus 5 and Note 3 successfully (the screenshots on the post image are actual).
Watch LG G3 Keyboard in Action:
- An Android device with Android Jelly Bean or KitKat or any custom ROM based on it.
- Root access and BusyBox.
- CWM or TWRP Recovery for flashing the Zip.
Download LG G3 Keyboard App Port
LG G3 Keyboard app port is available as Apk and flashable Zip both and can be installed on any Android device with KitKat (stock, CM or AOSP based ROMs). You can download it from our links below:
G3 Keyboard Port (flashable zip): Cloudy_G3Keyboard_v2.zip
LG G3 Keyboard Port Apk for Other Devices: g3kb.apk
How to Install LG G3 Keyboard
Installing the Apk:
If you download the LG G3 Keyboard app port in Apk format here is how you can install it:
- Download and copy the Apk file to your device.
- Since the app requires system mount, you need to install BusyBox app first. Having installing BusyBox, open the app and tap the Install button. [appbox googleplay stericson.busybox]
- Then open phone Settings> Security and enable Unknown sources option.
- Navigate to the G3 keyboard Apk file using a file manager and tap it to install.
- When the app is installed, open it and tap the Install button.
- Open Language and input settings and select LG Keyboard as default keyboard.
Flashing the Zip:
In my case, installing the Apk was not successful on my Nexus 5 running Carbon ROM, but the flashable Zip worked flawlessly. Flashing the keyboard port Zip is just like flashing anything using TWRP or CWM recovery. Here are the steps:
- Copy the Cloudy_G3Keyboard.zip file to your phone.
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- Backup your current ROM before doing anything, just to be on the safe side.
- If you use TWRP, tap the Install button, select the Zip file and confirm installation by swiping the slider. When it’s installed, wipe dalvik cache and then select Reboot system option.
- If you use CWM, select install zip from sdcard option, select the Zip file and confirm installation by selecting Yes. Wipe dalvik cache and select reboot system now.
- Wait till your device boots up and then open device Settings> Language and input. Select your keyboard.
You can now enjoy the LG G3 keyboard app on your Android device. Do not forget to explore the keyboard settings to customize it to your requirements. Enjoy!