The OnePlus development team has been working fast to roll the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat based Hydrogen OS update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Though the official 7.1.1 firmware is not out yet but things seem to be sharp close to the official roll out. OnePlus released the Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 Open Beta 3 (for 3T) and Beta 9 (for OPO 3) firmware that’s pretty stable and offers awesome performance.
If you have been looking a way to update your OnePlus 3/3T to the latest Hydrogen OS Android Nougat 7.1.1, you can do that yourself easily by following our tutorial.
However, before we proceed to install the firmware, let’s take a look at the new changes and features that you’ll be able to enjoy after updating your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
Features of Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 for OnePlus 3/3T
According to the official OnePlus Chinese forum, here are the list of changes, improvements and new features introduced in the latest update:
Shot on OnePlus works can be set to wallpaper. You can also set it to replace every day automatically.
- Note synchronization support is added. Now, you don’t need to worry about the security of the contents of the note.
- Images can now be grouped/sorted by year and month.
- The pictures shot with the camera can now be tagged with the location, time, and people.
- Photo details increase the display of geographical location information and color chart, to the photographer for more data reference.
- Using the new “Add photos” shortcut you can now find the newly saved photos.
- Low-resolution image zoom issue on double-tap is fixed.
- Increased color temperature, bright/dark adjustment, processing is smoother now.
- Increase the level of correction.
- Graffiti can choose the brush thickness, and quickly for your work poem a song.
- Support to add a custom watermark, beautiful photos, of course, need to have a special mark.
System Update Methods for OnePlus 3/3T
- If you OnePlus 3 or 3T is not rooted, you always check for the latest available software update for your device by going to Settings> About device and tapping System update.
- You can also update your phone software by downloading the update file. Copy the downloaded Zip file to the root directory of your phone’s internal storage. Go to Settings> System update, tap the Settings gear icon on the upper-right corner of the screen, select Local upgrade option and then select the software update zip package.
- You can also install the update zip file using OnlePlus stock recovery.
- In case you have TWRP recovery installed on your OnePlus 3 or 3T, you can install the firmware update package through TWRP interface too.
Download Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 for OnePlus 3/3T
Editor’s pick for you: Top 7 Custom ROMs for OnePlus 3T
Steps to Install Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download and copy the full update package file from above and save it your phone.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Having entered the TWRP menu, the first thing you should do is to take a full backup of your current ROM. Just tap the Backup option, select all partitions as shown below and backup them to the external SD card.
- Having taken the backup, go back to the main menu and tap the Wipe button. On the next screen, swipe the slider that says “Swipe to factory reset”.
- Now go back to the TWRP main screen again and tap the Install option. Navigate to the update zip file and select it.
- Select “Swipe to confirm flash” option and wait until the file is installed.
- When the installation is finished, tap the Reboot option.
Your OnePlus 3/3T will reboot and you will then be greeted with the welcome setup screen. Done! You have successfully installed the software update package.
Installing Google Play Services on OnePlus 3/3T
Having installed Hydrogen OS Android 7.1.1, you won’t find the Google apps preinstalled on your phone, so you’ll have to install the Google services apps manually.
- Google Package Installer 7.1.1
- Google Account Manager 7.1.1
- Google Play services 10.2.99
- Google Play Store 7.6.08
- Download the 4 files from above and copy them to your phone.
- Open file manager and go to the location where you copied the APKs
- Install the apps in the same order they have been listed above.
Remove Chines apps:
If you want to get rid of the Chines apps that come preinstalled on your OnePlus 3/3T, simply download this file, copy it to your phone and flash using TWRP.
You may also like: How to Double Your Wi-Fi Speed on OnePlus 3/3T