Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update arrives for the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition and is live at the moment. Following the LG G4, that received the Marshmallow update last week, the One M8 becomes the second non-Nexus device to have received the OTA update officially. Not much is know about this update for now, just that it brings the latest Android software to it’s system. However, stability and bug fixes are expected that HTC has been promising it’s users.
The update comes right from Google’s servers that will take the device’s ROM to version 5.07.1700.6 MRA85K.H6. However, it may take a while before hitting the update to your device over the air. You can wait for it or download it right away from the download section and apply it using this guide. With M8 receiving the update, other HTC devices like the M9 or M7 are expected to receive it soon enough. So keep checking the Software Updates in About Phone, you may get lucky.
We have listed manual method to install the OTA on stock firmware. It can be installed using the Apply Updates option in stock recovery. For those who have rooted their device or have installed a custom recovery, should not try it as it won’t install or it may brick your device. The file goes by the name – “OTA_M8_UL_M60_STOCK_UI_MR_Google_WWE_5.07.1700.6-4.04.1700.10_release_454832.zip”
- Download | Marshmallow OTA update for HTC One M8
Install HTC One M8 Official Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update
- Make sure you do not have any updates available. If it does, apply it and then proceed.
- Download the OTA zip file from the above Download Section.
- Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your HTC One M8 into Recovery Mode. To boot into stock recovery, power off your phone and press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time for 4-5 seconds. Once into the bootloader menu, choose recovery if option is available. Alternatively, while your device is turned on, setup adb and fastboot and issue the following command to directly boot into recovery
adb reboot recovery
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates from Storage and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone. Select storage 0 if prompted.
- The installation process will start on your M8 and will take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot to system
Once you reboot to system, you can enjoy your new firmware.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.