It must be a Christmas pie for many since Motorola began Jelly Bean 4,1 roll out for Droid RAZR M and today Santa brings you some more presents and joy. The Open Source scene is full of surprises and so we do have one for you too!
Dhacker29; Droid Razr M XDA Community Senior Member was successfully able to compile CyanogenMod 10; an AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based aftermarket firmware distribution for the Motorola Droid RAZR M. The build is claimed to be in more than semi-functional state (beta build) and is available for both Consumer and Developer editions of the device. The non-functional features include: direct WiFi & NFC. Apart from these everything else seems to work perfectly and up to the mark which in turn makes this as a daily driver for your RAZR M. You may want to spend a few minutes to head over to the original XDA thread and leave your feedback to thank the developer for his hard work, it will be very much appreciated. For developers, the Github sources for the same could come in handy.
For in the views of DroidViews, this ROM is a legendary achievement for the Droid RAZR M users. In spite of being in Beta stage, this ROM can serve you and your device as a daily driver adding the marvelous features of CyanogenMod.
Note: This ROM is unofficial release built from CyanogenMod sources available to the public at Github.
Droidviews.com or any of its members are not responsible for any kind of damage held to your device either in the past or in the upcoming future.
Early flashing requirements
- Battery above 60% to prevent sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Rooted device
- USB Data cable for connection between PC and device.
- Download SafeStrap v3.05.19 and Install the apk file.
How to Install Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 on Motorola Droid RAZR M
- Download the Beta Build: cm-10-20121205_v2-UNOFFICIAL-scorpion_mini.zip
- Download generic Gapps from goo.im: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
- Connect the device to PC in USB Storage mode.
- Drag the downloaded Beta ROM zip and Gapps zip packages to the root of your storage.
- Open the Installed SafeStrap application and when prompted allow it for the root access.
- Press “Install Recovery” option. This will take a couple of seconds to Install the recovery.
- Once the Recovery is installed, power off your device and switch it on.
- Now, you shall see the SafeStrap screen indicating “SafeStrap Disabled“. On the very left bottom, you will see “Recovery“, just hit it and your device will boot itself into the Recovery mode. The recovery is much similar to TWRP.
- It is advised to backup your current ROM by pressing “Backup” and afterwards sliding the tab while in the recovery.
- Press on “Boot Options” and select ROM-Slot1. While modifying the data partition, select 1GB at least (Advisable).
- Once the process is completed, you will have the new ROM Slot activated and ready to handle a custom ROM.
- Go back to the main SafeStrap Recovery screen and hit “Install“.
- Select the cm-10-20121205_v2-UNOFFICIAL-scorpion_mini.zip present on the root of your storage and slide the button to start the flashing process.
- In the same way. flash the gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip too.
- Once both the packages have been flashed, go to “Reboot” and select “System“. This will reboot your device.
- You will again be prompted with SafeStrap screen, on the bottom right press “Continue“, this will boot your device into the CyanogenMod ROM.
Once booted, you can push the limitations of your Droid RAZR M and make use of unbeatable features, one can never resist.
If you find yourself caught anywhere during the process leave us a comment on this post and we’ll give the best trial to provide an helping hand. Your support is what we desire.