Exodus Android 5.1.1 for OnePlus 2 is a professional-grade open-source project developed by professionals and the Exodus Team. Exodus ROMs are among the most sought-after custom ROM and is now available for the OnePlus 2 device. The listed custom ROM is an official build, so users can rely on it for stability and performance. Exodus focuses on improved versions of the common features found in other ROMS and improvements from the open-source community.
Exodus for OnePlus 2 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and comes with tons of features. It comes with improved battery life and has no major bugs for that matter. Most of the features are working and there is no fingerprint scanner support just yet. However, with new builds and updates, this feature can be seen running on your OnePlus 2 soon enough.
So if you own a OnePlus 2, then this ROM is definitely worth a try. However, you need to flash this ROM through a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. If you want to install this ROM then this tutorial will help you perform the same. Make sure you backup all your apps, media, files.
- The listed Exodus Android 5.1.1 ROM is compatible with only OnePlus 2. Do not try it on any other device.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device. Click here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Exodus Android 5.1.1 ROM on OnePlus 2
- Download the Exodus ROM from the download section. Also download either the listed Google Apps or get your preferred ones.
- Now transfer the two zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System,Data, and Cache. Now swipe right to confirm.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now again return to home in the TWRP and tap on Install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
When you see the boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any bootloops or face any system errors, you can restore your previous ROM from the backups. For queries, comment down below.