Nexus 9 is lucky enough to have received the Android 7.1.1. The 9-inch phablet has managed to impress many users across the globe. Now with the latest Android version in its pocket, the device has become quite unbeatable compared to other tablets in its range. A new build from Google is here with the build number NMF26F, based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Google Pixel is another device to have received a similar firmware update. The update brings many bug fixes and stability improvements. However, if you have modified your stock firmware or have rooted your device, then there are chances that you may not receive the update over the air. In order to install the latest available firmware on your Nexus device and restore your device to stock, flashing factory image is the simplest option available. If you have installed a custom ROM then this will help you revert back to everything stock. So today in this article, we’ll describe how you can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat factory image on Nexus 9 WiFi Tablet.
Download Nexus 9 WiFi Android 7.1.1 Factory ImageDownload Nexus 9 Wifi Android 7.1.1 Factory Image
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download the full Android SDK from here, or get the quick ADB and fastboot installer from here. For Mac or Linux OS, click here.
- Install Nexus USB Drivers on your computer.
- Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Go to Developer options and enable Allow oem unlock, if this option is available.
Install Android 7.1.1 Factory Image on Google Nexus 9 WiFi
- Download the factory image from above and transfer it to your PC.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. Also, accept Always allow from this computer when you plug in the device for the first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Now power off your device and unplug it from your PC.
- Boot into the bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold volume down/up and the power button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds. When you see the bootloader screen, connect your device to the PC using a USB cable (Choose fastboot if option is available). You can also issue the following code while connected to the PC, to boot into the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now plug in your device to the PC and let the drivers install.
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the factory image file on PC and extract it to get files with .img.
- While the folder with the extracted factory image is open, run the flash-all.bat file on Windows PC and confirm the flashing process. Wait for the process to complete. If you use Linux or Mac OS, run the flash-all.sh file and follow the instructions.
- Once done, reboot the device normally. Once you see the new boot logo, that means the system has successfully been installed.