Following in the footsteps of the LG G4 H815, the T-Mobile variant of the device can now taste the latest Marshmallow firmware. Here, we have listed 3 ROMS for the T-Mobile LG G4 that will take your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. These are ported ROMS from the stock 20A firmware of the international variant that has been released recently. No customization have been made to the ROMS, so users can expect pure LG firmware on their device.
The ROMS are TWRP flashable and come pre-rooted. However, in case you lose root access, you can still restore it by flashing the custom kernel and SuperSU simultaneously. The kernel and SuperSU are listed below. The ROMS work flawlessly and as reported by the users, there are no major bugs. However, with future updates, the ROM will be more stable. So stay tuned for further updates. Let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Marshmallow ROMS for T-Mobile LG G4 H811
- Download | Global M Stock ROM for H811 (File: M-GLOBAL-20A-H811-PORT-v1.0.zip (1.4 GB))
- Download | 7 HD 7.1 Marshmallow edition (File: 7_HD_7.1_M-Port-H811-ROM_by_S3V3N.zip (1.9 GB))
- Download | Genesis Marshmallow (File: Genisys-2.5-H811-Port_by_BySezerSimsek.zip (1.7 GB))
Custom Kernel that supports root:
- The listed custom ROMS are compatible with T-Mobile LG G4 only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. For detailed TWRP installation instructions get to this link and install the latest TWRP build.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on T-Mobile LG G4
- Download the Marshmallow ROM of your choice from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip file to your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup, your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to back up.
- This step is optional, so use it only if you have a TWRP backup. It’s not recommended but try this if the system does not boot after the installation. You will need to go through the entire process again. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select factory reset. Now swipe the confirmation button to format.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, try a factory reset from the recovery or you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup. If you somehow lose root access, then flash the Custom Kernel and SuperSU simultaneously listed in the download section.
For queries, comment down below. If we have helped you, then like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.