Android, the world’s most popular operating system for smartphones, was born about 4 years ago in 2008. And within such a short span it has matured a lot. One of the biggest reason for its popularity lies in its being an Open Source OS that allows the developer community to bring limitless variety and freshness through their amazing work. Most of us buy a handset made by OEMs who condition the look of the original Android with their own custom flavor. Thus Samsung has its TouchWiz and HTC, the Sense UX.
The most beautiful thing about Android is the freedom and sense of liberty that it offers. You can buy a handset from one manufacturer but still can enjoy a nice feature from a phone made by another manufacturer. HTC Sense user interface has always been known for its aesthetic beauty. It is absolutely beautiful, with elegant icons, highly functional widgets, and buttery smooth UI.
Our ROM developer has made several attempts to port the Sense UI to other phones but with no luck. But if you own a Samsung Galaxy S3, there is good news for you as now you can taste a small bit of HTC Sense on your phone. An XDA member, Tamerlan2009, has successfully ported the Task Manager & App Switcher from Sense. The port is available as a CWM flashable zip and can be installed on any Galaxy S3 running on Android 4.1.2 XELLA stock firmware or a custom ROM based on it.
As you can see in the screenshot above the HTC Sense task manager app has a card-based user interface with beautiful reflections. It shows full-screen previews of the recent and running apps. You can swipe to left or right to switch between apps. It is simply an amazing eye-treat that you must try out and experience. You can view the task manager in portrait or landscape modes. On the bottom, you can see the same familiar three options: Task Manager- shows you the running apps; Google- takes you to Google Now; and Remove all- that kill all running apps with a single touch.
HTC Sense Task Manager Instructions
Download the mod file from the link below and flash it via ClockworkMod Recovery. Needless to say, it is meant only for rooted Galaxy S3.
- Root your Samsung Galaxy S3 if it is not rooted yet.
- Download the flashable zip (do not extract).
- Copy the zip file to your phones SD card using a USB cable
- Boot the phone into Recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power keys simultaneously. Keep the keys pressed till the Samsung logo blinks for two times and you see a green Android bot. Release the Power key instantly.
- In the recovery mode, use the volume (up and down) and power keys to scroll and select an option.
- Go to ‘backup and restore” and backup the current ROM.
- Go to “install zip from sd card> choose zip from sd card”. Select the zip file you copied to SD card in step 3.
- Confirm your choice by selecting “yes” and let the installation finish.
- When it is done, go back and select “reboot system now”.
When your phone boots up, you should have HTC Sense Task Manager & App Switcher app running on your Galaxy S3. Long press the Home key to launch it anytime. Cheers, and enjoy!