Samsung launched the Galaxy S5 in several variants based on regional network types. As it usually happens, renowned Samsung developer Chainfire releases his CF-Root exploit for new Samsung devices. The all-new Galaxy S5 is not an exception. For the fast few days, we have been trying hard to write rooting tutorials for a number of Galaxy S5 variants.
Today, we’ll see how we can root US Cellular Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root via Odin. If you have bought your Galaxy S5 from the US Cellular, you can easily root your phone by following our guide. After gaining root access on your Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4, you will be able to enjoy root apps and customize your phone in different ways. You can improve not only the performance of your phone but also get better battery life.
The CF-Root method given below has been tested by many users and reported working, yet we do not guarantee that it will have 100% success results for all users. In most cases, failure is the outcome of some mistake on the part of the users. Therefore, do not miss any of the preparatory steps before attempting the root method. Follow the tutorial at your own responsibility!
- Download CF-Auto-Root package for US Cellular Galaxy S5: CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip
- Make sure you have installed either Samsung Kies or Samsung USB drivers on your computer. If you do not have any of them installed, install it now.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S5. Go to Settings> About device> Build number and tap it 7 times. Then go back to Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60% battery power.
Root US Cellular Galaxy S5
Having made the required preparations mentioned above, you can now move on and root your US Cellular Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. Just follow the steps given below:
- Unzip CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.zip and open the CF-Auto-root folder.
- Launch Odin.exe program.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S5 and boot the device in Download Mode by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons till the screen turns up and you see a warning screen. Then press Volume Up to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- Wait till you see Added! message on Odin and the ID:COM turns to light blue.
- Only Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options should be selected on Odin.
- Now click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-klteusc-klteusc-smg900r4.tar.md5 file.
- Then click the Start button.
- The installation will start and will take just a few seconds to complete.
- When it is finished, Odin will give you PASS! message and your S5 will reboot automatically.
When your Galaxy S5 boots up, look for a new app called SuperUser in the app drawer. If it is there, your phone should have root access. Open SuperUser and update the binary if the app prompts you to do so. To verify proper root access, install Root Checker app from the Play Store and run it.