Everyone is obsessed with the Oppo fever right now due to the CyanogenMod collaboration to ship out limited addition Oppo N1. The special thing is, this specific series of the same device will ship with CyanogenMod as the default/stock ROM. You can read about Oppo & CyanogenMod here at the website.
The Oppo N1, is the company’s latest full HD, 1.7 GHz Quad-Core flagship running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset and 2GB RAM. The device comes with a flawless and beautiful ColorOS based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 which offers stunning and snappy UI that might just flow in your hands.
Nothing stays clean for long, at the bleeding edge of our Android Custom world, we root everything to push the device limitations and so we do it for the Oppo N1, today. We’re going to guide to attain root permissions on your N1 and Install TWRP custom recovery on it. Which in turn will enable you to use Root requiring apps, tweaks, custom ROMs and much more? The first step in this very direction shall be to Install TWRP 2 recovery and then installing a simple APK rooting exploit by the very famous developer jcase.
- Rooting voids warranty, DroidViews or any of its community members do not encourage rooting and are not responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk.
- Read and understand the instructions carefully before performing.
- This guide and all its aspects are meant for Oppo N1 only, do not attempt to try this on any other device.
- Install Android SDK: Click Here
- Download the latest SDK Platform-tools zip for executing ADB and fastboot command.
- Backup your device’s storage, SMS, contacts, calendars, and other personal stuff
- Charge your device above 60% battery level, at least to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the procedure
- Enable USB debugging on your Android phone.
- Enable Unknown Sources under Settings > Security
Install TWRP on Oppo N1
TWRP 2 recovery is made available to you by Dees_Troy on XDA forums.
- Download the latest TWRP image file for your N1 (openrecovery-twrp-x.x.x.x-N1.img, where x.x.x.x is the version label).
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable
- Go to the directory where the recovery image file is download, press the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space, select open command prompt here.
- Type the following command to reboot your device to the fastboot mode or do it manually if you know the drill.
adb reboot bootloader
- Flash the recovery using the following command. Make sure to replace x.x.x.x with the version label of your downloaded recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-x.x.x.x-N1.img
- Reboot your device. You can boot your device anytime into the recovery using the following command to install custom ROMs, Kernels, tweaks etc.
adb reboot recovery
Root Oppo N1
- Download the root exploit (Oppown-build3.apk).
- Connect your device to the PC and transfer the download APK file
- Install the Oppown-build3.apk by making use of a suitable file manager
- Run the App from the app drawer and wait for ~1 minute.
- Now, open the Google Play Store and Install SuperSU by Chainfire or Install it by clicking the widget below.
- Once SuperSU has been installed, connect your device to the PC, open a command prompt window and type the following command:
adb uninstall com.qualcomm.privinit
- You can now reboot your device to avoid any glitches and start prevailing your rooted N1.
To confirm and check whether your device has been successfully rooted, here is another App worthy to Install.
Congratulations! you have just gone custom on your Oppo N1. Enjoy the freedom to develop, contribute, share and use almost everything. If you have got issues during this guide, kindly provide us with input via the comments.
Read Next: How to Install APK Using ADB Commands