Spotify is known for it’s automatically created endless playlists but the service does allow you to create your own, favorite playlists. Some playlists are for certain occasions such as when you’re going to bed or driving. And many people put a lot of effort into creating their playlists. For some, it takes hours or even days of their lives. Which is why it’s devastating if you accidentally delete it. Fortunately, you can recover deleted Spotify playlists.
The Spotify app for both Android or iOS is neat but neither presents you with an obvious option to recover deleted Spotify playlists. However, you can still do so from your Android or iOS device, just not from the app. To restore deleted Spotify playlists you’ll need to access Spotify on the web.
How to Delete a Playlist
You’ve obviously figured out a way to delete a Spotify playlist if you’re here looking for a way to recover it. In case of an accidental delete, it might help to know how a Spotify playlist can be deleted so you don’t delete it by accident again.
- Open the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to Your Library from the bottom panel.
- Select the Playlists tab on the top if it isn’t already the default. You’d be presented with a list of all your playlists.
- Tap on a Playlist and then on the three-dot menu button in the top-right. Alternatively, you can long-press on a Playlist to bring up the same menu.
- From the menu that appears, select Delete playlist.
- Select Delete again on the pop-up confirmation.
The popup is there so that you don’t accidentally delete a playlist but it’s still possible to confuse a playlist with another and delete it instead of the one you wanted to delete. In case you did do that, there’s an easy way to recover deleted Spotify playlists.
Recover Deleted Spotify Playlists
Since you can’t recover deleted Spotify playlists using the app on your phone, you’ll have to visit Spotify on the web.
- Go to spotify.com using your favorite or any web browser on your Android device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top-right.
- Select Log In from the menu.
- Enter your credentials and press the LOG IN button.
- After logging in, tap on the drop-down menu which has Account Overview selected by default.
- Select the Recover playlists option from the drop-down menu.
- The next page will have all of the playlists you’ve deleted. You can see the name of the playlist, the number of songs it has and the date it was deleted.
- Tap on RESTORE next to the playlist you want to recover.
Open the Spotify app again and you should find your recovered Spotify playlist in the Playlists section.