YU Ynique is a luck device indeed as the software support for it is growing every day. The device has received many custom ROMS including the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and as the TWRP is available for it, you can install any compatible ROM on it. Anuragdc, a developer at XDA, has compiled the TWRP for the device and now Yunique users can start with modifying their system.
TWRP recovery is now available for the YU Yunique YU4711. A custom recovery enables you to install custom package like the SuperSU, custom mods that can modify your system in various ways and you can even flash ROMS. The recovery has been tested working on the device with all of the TWRP features intact.
Flash the TWRP using the usual adb and fastboot method and you are all set. Once you install it you can root the device in no time. Moreover, using the TWRP recovery, you can take nandroid backup and also install custom ROMS as well as flash available modified kernels for your device.
To start with, here is a tutorial that will help you successfully install TWRP on your Yunique.
Warning: Going through this procedure may void warranty. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- TWRP Recovery for Yunique — Download | File: twrp_yunique.img (10.64 MB)
Backup Apps and Data
While this process should not wipe any of your data, a backup is highly recommended. Once you install a custom recovery like TWRP, make sure you backup your system, data, etc. from the recovery. It will be helpful in case anything goes wrong.
- This guide is compatible with YU Yunique YU4711 device only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Unlocked bootloader is required to install a custom recovery like TWRP on your device. For reference visit this page.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer. You can download the full Android SDK from here, or get the quick ADB and fastboot installer from here. For Mac or Linux OS, click here. You may also like adb tool for the YU Yunique.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer.
- Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Go to Developer options and enable Allow oem unlock, if such an option is available.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on YU Yunique YU4711
- Download the recovery image file. Extract if in case a zip file. Now transfer the file to your PC where you can easily locate it.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and fastboot on your PC. Also accept Always allow from this computer when you plug in the device for first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Now power off your device and unplug it from your PC.
- Boot into the bootloader or fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your device and then press and hold volume up + volume down + the power button simultaneously for a few seconds. When you see the bootloader screen, connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.(Choose fasboot if the option is available) For an alternative method look at the bottom
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the recovery file. Rename the recovery file to a simple one, like recovery.img. While the folder with recovery.img file is open, hold shift key on keyboard and right-click on an empty space and select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window.
- Now issue the following command in the command prompt to check your device connectivity
- Now flash the custom recovery. Issue the following command for that.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Custom recovery will now be installed on your device. Now boot your phone in recovery mode. You can do this by turning your device off and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. Or you can simply enter the following command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Once into the recovery, you can backup your current ROM, data, EFS and more.
Once you have installed TWRP, you are all set to install custom packages onto the device’s system. Alternatively, while on Linux or Mac OS, you can issue “./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” command to flash the TWRP recovery.
How to boot into bootloader or fastboot mode using adb
You can also issue the following command through your cmd or terminal, while connected to the PC, in order to boot into the bootloader. First setup adb and fastboot environment from requirements and then follow instructions till step 5. Once into the command prompt or terminal, issue the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.