OnePlus 2 is one of the most talked about phone in the market, not just for its intriguing specifications but also for its exquisite Oxygen OS that comes with it. OnePlus 2 has recently been launched and the manufacturer has already pushed an update for its device. The phone comes with the latest Android 5.1.1 out of the box with Oxygen OS v2.0.1. And now after this update, it will take Oxygen OS to v2.0.2.
The new update comes with important bug fixes which include better fingerprint recognition accuracy, camera preview UX improvements, stability improvements for its front-facing camera and more. The Oxygen OS update v2.0.2 installs readily on the OnePlus 2 using the stock Recovery. However, to update to the latest version, you need to be on v2.0.1 and make sure you have not made any major changes to the system. If you have rooted your stock ROM, then you need to flash the full firmware via a custom recovery like TWRP.
Oxygen OS v2.0.2 OTA update (8.9 MB)
Oxygen OS v2.0.2 full ROM (1.1 GB)
Install Oxygen OS v2.0.2 OTA Update with Stock Recovery
- Make sure you are already on Oxygen OS v2.0.1.
- Download the Oxygen OS 2.0.2 OTA zip file from the Download Section.
- Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your OnePlus 2 into Recovery Mode. To know more on how to boot into Recovery, read the tutorial.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone.
- The installation process will start on your OnePlus 2 and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot to system
If you have a rooted OnePlus 2, then you can install the full ROM through TWRP. However, this process may remove all your previous apps, data and system except for the internal storage. So a backup or nandroid backup is highly recommended. To install TWRP on One Plus 2, get to this link.
Install Oxygen OS v2.0.2 Full ROM with TWRP Recovery
- Download the required ROM (full ROM) file for OnePlus 2 from the download section.
- Now transfer the ROM into your device’s internal storage. Place the file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, power off your phone and press and hold the volume down button and power button at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To back up your ROM, tap on the backup option and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup, where appropriate.
- Wiping System and Cache are recommended. After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then wipe Dalvik Cache, System and Cache. (If after the complete process system does not boot, try wiping the Data as well. But it will remove all your data)
- Go back to the TWRP main menu again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you boot into the system, you can now enjoy the latest Oxygen OS v2.0.2 on your OnePlus 2 device. If the system does not boot, you can restore the backup from TWRP. If you have a query, comment down below.