MIUI comes to Xiaomi devices as a stock firmware. A few months ago, MIUI released the latest MIUI v7 of the ROM and now, it is available for most of the Xiaomi devices. The MIUI 7 ROM is stable and comes with lots of bug fixes and security patches. Check out the full changelog from official MIUI page. For latest available ROM for your device, hit the download section below.
If for any reason you have not received the update over the air or you are still stuck at older versions of MIUI firmware like the v6 or v5, then here is a tutorial that will help you update it manually. There are various methods for updating your Xiaomi device. You can update it directly using the Updater app, or from the Stock Recovery or even with the Mi PC Suite. You can also use the Fastboot file to update your device just in case the other methods don’t work. However, you will need to download the Fastboot file for that purpose.
Before you proceed, please confirm that there is no software upgrade available to you over the air. Navigate to the Updater App and open it, then tap Download update. If no downloads show up then get to the download section below and download the latest available firmware for your device.
Once you download the update in your phone’s internal storage, tap Choose Update Package from the Updater App. Navigate to the update file you just downloaded and select it. Confirm the action and your device will start updating. If this doesn’t work for you, then you can follow the instructions below to manually update it from stock recovery.
Secondly, you may also install it using the official Mi PC Suite by connecting your device to your PC and check for available software updates from the application.
MIUI 7 ROM for Xiaomi Devices — Link | File: miui_xxxx_V220.127.116.11.zip
Mi PC Suite — Download | File: MiSetup18.104.22.16832_2717.exe
Full ROM and Fastboot Images — Link
MIUI ROM Flashing Tool — Download
How to Install Latest MIUI 7 ROM on Xiaomi Devices with Stock Recovery
- Download the latest MIUI 7 zip file from above.
- Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your Xiaomi device into Recovery Mode. To boot into recovery, launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter. For the alternate method, refer this link.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone. Select storage 0ne if prompted.
- The installation process will start on your Xiaomi device and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot the system
If you have a rooted device, then you may try the TWRP method for it. However, this process may remove all your previous apps, data and system except for the internal storage. So a backup or Nandroid backup is highly recommended.
The Fastboot method is pretty simple as well. All you need is the Fastboot file and the flashing tool. Check out the detailed flashing method here.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.