The Android open source world is full of surprises like these. The tenacious rapid development of latest OS versions on earlier devices like the Desire HD is definitely worth applause. Such devices might have been long forgotten by the OEM to update and support them. But the truth is, we don’t need them to update when we have such a supporting development community like XDA-Developers.
synergye– XDA Senior member and the entire codefireX Team worked out hard on compiling Jelly Bean 4.2.2 from the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP). After successful compilation and solving major bugs, they came out with releasing it to the public, which targets on providing its users with the optimum Google experience and outstanding features. According to the author, the team shall never opt for closed source proprietary applications or features since they hinder in the development and may cause certain security issues.
Over with the intro. The current builds are tagged as SR series which offers complete stable builds. With this latest release, the ROM is fully functional with the major bluetooth issue completely fixed.
- At least 60% of your phone battery.
- A USB Data cable compatible with your HTC Desire HD.
- Appropriate USB Drivers. [Download here]
- Backup your complete SD Storage, text messages and contacts manually to avoid any mishaps during the process and to be on the safe side.
- ClockworkMod Recovery Installed.
Install codefireX on HTC Desire HD
- Download the latest ROM flashable .zip package. You can either download the SR stable build or Nightlies.
- Download Generic Jelly Bean 4.2 GApps from goo.im
- Connect your HTC Desire HD to your PC via USB data cable.
- Enable USB Mass Storage mode, this will mount your device’s SD storage to the PC.
- Copy and paste the two downloaded .zip packages to the root of your device’s SD storage (not in any folder).
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Power off your device. Now press the volume down + power buttons simultaneously until you see the white bootloader screen.
- Use the volume buttons to highlight “Recovery” and select it using the power button.
- Your Desire HD will now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“.
- Go to “mounts and storage” and format /system and /sd-ext (if any)
- Go to “install zip from sdcard” > “choose zip from sdcard” > select the ROM package. If prompted, select “yes” and flash it.
- Follow the step #12 again, and in exact same way flash the GApps zip package too.
- Select “reboot system now“.
Voila! You now have Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your Desire HD, it feels proud to hear that, doesn’t it?
Are you stuck anywhere in mid? Comment it out and we will provide a helping hand for sure.
Highly recommended for you! Must read