This may happen countless times that you wish to respond to a message at a later time or date. But more often than not you end up forgetting the same. In these cases, you could take the help of any reminder app. But if you are using the Google Messages app version 5.2, you can ditch the reminder app for good, at least for this very purpose. Google Messages has recently been updated with the Chat Reminder feature. This, as the name suggests, allows you to set reminders for a chat. To start using this feature, have a look at the below instructions. However, if you wish to send and receive encrypted texts, check out the Silence App.
Google Messages Chat Reminder Feature
To try out this feature, you need to get your hands on Google Messages v5.2. The said version is not available on the Play Store nor on third party sites like APKMirror. This version is only available for beta testers. If you want this version of the app, get yourself enrolled as a beta tester right away. Once installed, refer to the below steps to enable the Google Messages Chat Reminder feature. Moreover, you may even let the Google Assistant app to send and reply to your text messages. Refer to our guide on the same.
- Once a message arrives on your device, you will see the new option of Remind 1 hr. if you select the same, the Messages app will give you a reminder to reply to this sender after 1 hour.
- You may further customize this option by going to the Messages option. Long-press the desired message whose reply you wish to delay. You will see a clock icon at the top right. tapping on it will open the Set a reminder option.
- You may select from the set of available options or create your own. For the latter, tap on Select date and time and input the desired time or date.
- Once the said time elapses, you will receive a Google Messages’ Chat reminder. You may tap on Done, View or further, escalate the reminder by another hour via the Remind 1 hr option.
- You may even do the same by opening the desired message and tapping on the clock icon present just right of the message.
So this was all about the Google Messages new Chat Reminder feature. But the update doesn’t end here. In the same version, Google has added a little easter egg as well. When you open the Messages app, just tap on the Message keyword 10 times present at the top. All your messages will now do a little wiggle around its position. The reason for its introduction is anyone’s guess.