The Samsung Galaxy S10 has a great camera although it’s far from the claim of being the best smartphone camera. Samsung will really need to up its game with its next flagship. Meanwhile, developers have found ways to up the camera game on the current Samsung flagship, the Galaxy S10. Turns out there are some features you can enable more features on the Galaxy S10 camera. Keep reading to unlock Galaxy S10 hidden camera features with a simple hack.
That’s right, the Camera app on the Galaxy S10 can do a lot more than Samsung has it doing. For example, there’s currently no way to manually pick one of the scenes from the scene optimizer. It’s automatic and it may not always be what you want. Another example is how you can only take a Super Slo-mo video once per video. These restrictions do not make any sense and removing them would certainly be a feature.
Well, turns out you can enable both of those features and then some. The Galaxy S10 camera uses a camera-feature.xml file which is stored in the system directory. Twitter user Edd shared a modified camera-feature.xml file which can be replaced against the original file. The file contains the code needed to enable the extra features on the Galaxy S10 camera. This saves you the trouble of typing or even copying and pasting it in the file.
- Shooting method:
- Anti Fog
- Manual Scene
- Manually choose between Scene Optimizer scenes
- SuperSlowMo Multi Take
- Take multiple Super Slow Motion Videos on the go inside a single video
- Enable HRS capture
- Use the Heart Rate Sensor to capture selfies
- 5 – Live Focus Dual Capture
- Capture single Live Focus photo with multiple sensors
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S10. Here’s how you can root the Samsung Galaxy S10.
- A file explorer which is capable of performing operations in the root storage.
You probably know already messing with files in the root storage is risky. In case anything goes wrong, you may be looking at a potential boot loop or even a soft brick. You must understand the risks involved and take full responsibility for your actions. You can proceed with confidence that the method does work. Still, things can go wrong. In which case, you must understand that you were warned, and you still went with it anyway. Therefore, DroidViews cannot be held liable for any damage to your device.
Download Galaxy S10 Camera mod
Editor’s Pick: Decompile, Modify and Compile APK Files with APK Easy Tool
How to Unlock Galaxy S10 Hidden Camera Features
To enable the Galaxy S10 hidden camera features, follow the steps given below:
- Download the camera-feature.zip file from the link in the Download section above.
- Extract the zip anywhere and you should have two folders named modified and original along with an instructions text file. The original folder contains the original camera-feature.xml file while the modified folder contains the modified camera-feature.xml file.
- Long press on the camera-feature.xml file from the modified folder and copy it.
- Go to /system/cameradata/ folder from the root directory using any root capable file explorer. This is where the Galaxy S10 camera features file is stored.
- Paste the copied, modified camera-feature.xml file here and choose to replace the original file when asked.
- Reboot your Galaxy S10.