Hey all folks! Just today we talked about GSM Galaxy Nexus receiving Jelly Bean 4.2.1 update. But if you’re not that fortunate to receive the OTA update, then you must also not put up a sad face cause we are here. This guide and its instructions will enlight the way to flash the Jelly Bean 4.2.1 factory image to your International unlocked Galaxy Nexus. We are gonna put to use the famous fastboot method to flash the update, so please stick along the guide and do as we say.
Droidviews.com or the developers of this method will not be responsible for any kind of damage held to your device either in the past or in the upcoming future. This guide is only for windows OS & GSM Galaxy Nexus I9250 users. Proceed only when you are sure what it is all about.
- At least 60% of your phone battery.
- A USB Data cable compatible with your Galaxy Nexus.
- Appropriate Universal Naked USB Driver 0.72. [Download here]
- Required ADB & Fastboot files. Extract the downloaded Gnex_Files.zip to your desktop. So now you have Gnex_Files folder on your desktop.
- Backup your complete SD Storage, text messages and contacts manually.
How to flash 4.2.1 factory image on Galaxy Nexus I9250 (maguro)
- Download the factory image zip (takju-jop40d-factory-e4d13f14.tgz) for your Galaxy Nexus. [Download here]
- Extract the contents of the downloaded takju-jop40d-factory-e4d13f14.tgz to your Gnex_Files folder already present on your desktop. So, now we have files like these inside the Gnex_Files folder:
- Power off your Nexus, now press the volume up + volume down + power buttons simultaneously until you see the fastboot mode (bootloader mode).
- Now, connect your Galaxy Nexus to the PC via USB data cable.
- Open the Gnex_Files folder that you have on the desktop.
- Press shift key + right click on an empty space, select “Open command prompt here“.
- You’re now going to erase everything on your device, type the following commands one by one:
fastboot erase boot fastboot erase cache fastboot erase recovery fastboot erase system fastboot erase userdata
Note: Do not close the CMD window.
- Flash the bootloader. Type:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primelc03.img
- Reboot bootloader mode (This is necessary):
- Flash the Radio (baseband) . Type:
fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxlh1.img
- Reboot bootloader mode again. Type:
- Flash the ROM image:
fastboot -w update image-takju-jop40d.zip
- When everything is done, you will be notified by the command prompt. Now type in the following in CMD to reboot your Galaxy Nexus.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated to 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on your unlocked Galaxy Nexus I9250 (maguro). Have you got any feedback or queries? Comment!