With the incredible launch of the LG G4, it’s no big surprise that the G3 users might feel a little bit uncomfortable. Nobody expected the new LG G4 to have such a rock-solid software, with tons and tons of features to play with. The new LG G4 Home provides the user with a seamless interface. The camera software of the G4 is not only clean, but let’s you have the access to some astonishing settings, like ISO, and Exposure Settings, all DSLR-like features. The new Music and Video players also bring about a whole lot of changes to the look and feel of the overall UI.
However, this doesn’t mean that the development of the LG G3 has slowed down or stopped. With the coming of the LG G4, the G3 users now have a huge advantage. This advantage being the fact that LastStandingDroid, yet another developer at XDA managed to port the G4 apps to the good old G3. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen anyone porting applications from one device to another. The reason why this port suddenly caught our attention was due to the amazing features that the G4 holds, and now can the G3 users too. So, without any further delay, let’s get right into the guide.
- You need a Rooted LG G3 for this job. Follow the given link for a detailed procedure on how to root your LG G3.
- Also, as you will be required to access the root directories of your G3, you need a root explorer. We recommend ES File Explorer.
- Ensure that you are running on top of the v20L Lollipop firmware of the G3.
- Because installing these ported applications will require you to swap them with the stock ones, we strongly recommend you take a backup of the stock ones first. To do so, navigate to System> App, and rename the applications which you would like to backup to “<appname>.apk.bak”. Also, do the same with the lib folders.
Download LG G4 Ported Apps
Here are all the downloads for the ported applications. Once extracted, you will acquire two files, the .apk file, and the lib folder. More on that later.
- Download the desired app(s) from the above list, and extract them on your computer.
- Open the extracted folders and copy the APK files to your phone.
- Install Root Browser app on your LG G3. Open the app and grant root access when prompted.File Explorer Root Browser Price: Free
- Go to the APK files you transferred earlier to your device. Tap and hold the APK file and select Copy option.
- Then navigate to system/app/ directory and Paste the APKs one by one.
- Having copied the apps to system/app folder, don’t forget to set/fix the file permissions to rw-r–r– (0644) for each app. If you don’t know how to do so, read our detailed tutorial.
- Repeat this process for each of the applications that you’ve downloaded carefully.
- This might take a while, so grab your coffee while this process finishes.
- Once done, reboot your LG G3 for maximum performance.
Enjoy the ported applications on your LG G3! If you have any queries regarding this guide, feel free to hit us in the comments section below.
Credits | LastStandingDroid