WiFi tethering is one of the commonest features found in modern smartphones, regardless of what OS then run on. It is indeed a very nice feature as it lets you share your phone mobile data connection with other WiFi-enabled devices like your tablet, laptop, PC, smart TV or other mobile devices. While portable WiFi hotspot can be easily accessed and enable on any Android device from settings but on some devices, this features lies hidden.
If you own a T-Mobile LG G2 D801 and you are having issues with using WiFi tethering on it, we are here to help you with enabling WiFi tethering on T-Mobile LG G2. It’s to be noted that WiFi hotspot feature worked fine on the old Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. The current method will also solve the problem with enabling this feature on your device on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
Enable WiFi Tethering on T-Mobile LG G2
The method described here has been discovered and tested by XDA member TheFuzz. If you want to Enable WiFi Tethering on T-Mobile LG G2, follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings on your LG G2.
- Tap Tethering and networks> Mobile networks> Access point names.
- Select T-Mobile LTE from the list of access points name.
- Tap menu and select New APN and give it any name.
- Then tap the new APN.
- It would say “Not Set”. Change it to “Fast.T-Mobile.com”.
- Now tap APN Type and fill “default,supl,mms,dun” in the box.
- Tap APN Protocol and select IPv4.
- Now tap menu icon and select “Save”.
- Now make the newly created APN the default APN of your T-Mobile G2.
When you are done with setting up the APN on your phone, do the following things:
- Install FoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) app from the Play Store: [googleplay url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi”]
- Optionally, you can also download and install the PdaNet desktop client app for Windows/Mac.
- Open FoxFi on your LG G2 and follow on-screen instructions to set it up.
After doing the setup, you should be able to enjoy WiFi tethering on you T-Mobile LG G2 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM.