In this digital arena, we all tend to love the gadgets which allow you to connect to Internet and make things easy for you. Internet connectivity has become the epicenter of the smart devices development over the past decade. With the exponentially growing technological trends, many gadgets are popping up like crazy with Internet connectivity as one of the major targets. So, now you’ve got a bunch of devices that can connect to the Internet and make you feel like you’re on top of the world. However, no one is dumb enough to buy separate data plans for each and every device.
In most cases, all the devices are connected to a WiFi network either at home or at the office but the main issue comes when you’re on the move. Every smartphone is capable of acting as a portable hotspot to share mobile data when you’re on the move and believe me, it’s a lifesaver. However, the carrier locked device owners can do nothing but cry when they come to know for the first time that they can’t freely share his data pack to other devices. It’s not that you can’t share your data pack to other devices, you have to pay for the tethering charges separately if you want to enjoy this feature. Corporate greed, Isn’t it?
I firmly believe that ‘Data is Data, no matter how you use it as long as you pay for it.’ We have covered many tutorials on how to enable WiFi hotspot on carrier locked devices and today we will cover the AT&T LG G3 D850. So, without any further ado, let’s see how we can enable the native WiFi hotspot feature on AT&T LG G3 using these simple workarounds. The only catch is that you need to root your device before proceeding with the below tutorial. (although nhusby of XDA claims it will work without root) So, if you haven’t rooted your device yet, follow the below link to root your AT&T LG G3:
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your AT&T LG G3 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Set up ADB drivers on your PC or download and extract the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC: mfastboot-v2.zip
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
Enable WiFi Tethering on AT&T LG G3 D850
- Navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot files and open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right click on any empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and make sure the device is detected by the PC. If not, reinstall the drivers on your device and try again.
- Enter the following command in the command prompt and press Enter. Grant root permissions if prompted.
adb shell settings put system tether_entitlement_check_state 0
- That’s it, WiFi tethering is enabled on your device. To check if the tethering is enabled, you can search it using a simple grep command
adb shell content query --uri content://settings/system | grep tether
- To enable/disable the WiFi tethering on your device, go to Tethering & Networks in your phone’s settings and enable Mobile Hotspot.
So, enjoy your mobile data on other devices as well without any restrictions. Let us know of any queries in the comments section below.