Following Cyanogen’s company closing its activities at the end of 2016, Lineage OS is now enjoying the spotlight. The developers managed to keep the community alive by transferring everything into a new form and that’s how Lineage OS appeared in such a short time. Things move fast enough considering the situation and I even dare to make an assumption: the new ROM might soon dominate the custom ROM market at a larger scale. However, the question that a lot of people are now asking is that of how to install LineageOS on their handsets and now it’s your turn too. You can flash the official Sprint LG G3 Lineage OS 14.1 and carry on the tradition.
CM was loved by millions of users around the world thanks to impeccable stock experience, a surprising theme engine, that status bar customization, and all the other tweaks, but they are still here. Just to make myself clear, Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project and since I am talking about the official builds, then you get regular updates, stable patches, as well as high stability. This ROM is relatively new to the world and developers, but give it some credit! You’ll see that it’s worthy of your attention!
Installing this new Sprint LG G3 Lineage OS version is quite an easy task. The procedure is actually easier for those users who have installed a Custom ROM in the past, but let me remind you a few essential things before getting there.
Basic Pre-requisites for installing the Official Sprint LG G3 Lineage OS 14.1
- First of all, you should have TWRP Recovery or another Custom Recovery pre-installed onto your Sprint LG G3 device.
- Following that, you must keep your Lineage OS and Nougat Gapps files ready for the procedure too, so take a closer look to the downloads links below.
- Do not forget to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock by entering into Settings-> Developer Options.
- Backup your essential data to a computer or to your SD Card.
- Make sure that your Bootloader is unlocked too.
- If you are trying to upgrade make sure your battery has enough juice for that. Anything less than 60% is out of the question and I even suggest a full charge.
- The supported device is Sprint LG G3 (ls990). You should be able to find some mention of the phone or its model number among the things you found in the box. The box itself can give you the clue that you are looking for, but this is not the only option, especially if you don’t know its location. Instead of turning your house upside down for this box, let me recommend verifying your phone’s model name by using the phone itself. For that, head into Settings, go to the bottom of the list, and simply check About phone. The device name and model number ls990 must be listed there.
- ROM: Latest Lineage OS ROM File
- Google Apps: Gapps Package
This procedure may void your handset’s warranty. Droidviews.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your Sprint LG G3 while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Also Read: How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on ZTE Axon 7
Let us now look at how to install Lineage OS using TWRP:
Step-by-step guide on installing Sprint LG G3 Lineage OS
- After downloading the Lineage OS ROM and the Gapps, move them to the internal storage of your LG G3 via the original USB cord.
- Turn off your LG smartphone.
- Use your phone specific button combination to go into Recovery Mode – I am talking about Power Button + Volume Down Button pressed at the same time.
- In the menu of the TWRP Recovery, choose the option that says Wipe – Advanced Wipe.
- Also select Swipe to Factory Reset which appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu and find your way to Install.
- Choose the Lineage OS ROM zipped file.
- Select the Swipe to Confirm Flash option that you see on the bottom of the screen.
- The installation operation has now begun. Note that this procedure might take some time to finish.
- After the installation of the ROM, you will see a Wipe Cache/Dalvik option. Select it and then, hit the Swipe to Wipe option on the bottom of the screen.
- Go through the same process once again, but this time with the Gapps instead of the Lineage OS file.
- After the Lineage OS and the Gapps packages have been flashed, reboot your Sprint LG G3.
Don’t hesitate to share this page with your friends and come back for more. Fresh guides are on the plate for you, so if you’ve been anxiously waiting for the Lineage OS, you’re in luck!