Xperia Z1 Compact is the former flagship phone from the Sony and is a much talked about smartphone in the market for its startling specifications. Recently the device has received Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update. The stock firmware features loads of functionalities and along with it also comes the annoying data notification and absence of the call recording feature.
Sony along with other manufacturers don’t usually provide call recording feature in their stock firmware. It is either absent or well hidden within the system. Here is a manual procedure that will help you enable the call recording feature again. The package would also disable the data notification whenever you turn off the data.
A senior developer at XDA has developed a mod that can be flashed through a custom recovery. The script also supports odexed as well as deodexed ROMS.
Download | Enable Call Recording for Xperia Z1C (File: CallRecording_Z1C_5.1.1.zip)
- Download the package from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Although this is optional, it is recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you reboot, you can enjoy call recording on your Xperia device.
For queries, comment down below. If we have helped you, then like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.