Call recorder, if you are aware of the term, is a basic functionality present in the modern age smartphones. As the name clearly suggests call recorders are used to record the conversation you’re having with the other person on the line. Some people may be amazed to know that the current generation Huawei smartphones that, is, the P10 and the P10 Plus does not have an embedded call recorder.
Blackball, a senior member at XDA noticed this and developed a call recorder mod as an answer to this problem. Sure users can install third-party apps which will allow them to record conversations. However, it will only make the phone heavier and sluggish over time. The constant overlay or notification at the time of talking is pretty annoying.
Considering that this method does not require root access and is pretty easy to install I personally think this is the best way to integrate the call recording function. So, if you own a P10 or P10 Plus and are in a need of a call recorder then this post is for you. So, let’s get started.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device
- Download the Huawei Call Recorder [.zip] file and place it in the internal storage of the device. Mate 9 users should download this mod instead: Mate9_Callrecorder.zip
- Lastly, a Huawei P10 or P10 Plus
Enable Call Recording on Huawei P10, P10 Plus and Mate 9
- Power off your device.
- Next, boot into the recovery mode (To do so hold Volume Up + Power until Huawei logo).
- Once into TWRP recovery, click on Install.
- Navigate to the directory where you placed the Call Recorder [.zip] file.
- Click on it and swipe right to flash it.
- Finally, head back to TWRP’s main menu and select System» Reboot.
That’s it, guys! This should do the trick. Once the device reboots, call someone and you will see a record option in the phone UI. Just click on it and the recording will start. When you end the call the audio [.aac] file will automatically get saved in your device’s Internal Storage.
There is also a settings option for the call recorder where you can set it to record calls automatically. The settings menu of the call recorder app can be accessed from the settings menu of the Phone app. It is the three dots in the dialer.
So did you already knew that Huawei P10 and P10 Plus didn’t come with a call recorder? In that case, were you using a third-party app? Since now you have found out this mod will you use it over any other third-party app? Let us know in the comments below.