The Multi-window functionality was introduced for the first time by Samsung in the Galaxy Note 2. Quite recently, it made its way to the Galaxy S3 through Android 4.1.2 official firmware update. And now, when Samsung has already released the source code for Android 4.1 update for the Galaxy s2 indicating a coming-soon update rollout, I just stumbled upon a very special mod devised by XDA member Mythtrandyr which can let you enjoy several awesome features like Multi-Window, Galaxy S3’s ripple effect at lock screen, 4 icon shortcut on lock screen, etc. on your rooted Galaxy S2.
All the mods come packed in a flashable zip that can be flashed to your phone via ClockworkMod Recovery or the stock Recovery. The mod works only with Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ deodexed custom ROMS.
How to Install:
- Download MultiWindow_AllApps_LSJ (do not extract) and copy the zip to your phone’s SD Card.
- Boot your phone into CWM Recovery Mode
- Choose ‘install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard’
- Select the MultiWindow_AllApps_LSJ.zip and confirm your selection by choosing “yes”.
- Wait for some time and when the installation finishes, go back to main menu and select ‘Reboot system now”.
Want to enjoy all these features+Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S2, install Alliance 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
You can also get these features in
Best Custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S2