Android is the most popular and growing Operating System in the Smartphone sector. I'll bet there is not doubt in this regard. Billions of users are now part of the Android family, but not all of them are aware of the beautiful things that are hidden beneath the layers of awesomeness. Do you know that Android has a hidden menu in the settings? Do you ever saw the Developers Options in the Android settings? People who used the ICS or earlier versions of Android might have seen this option lying around at the bottom of the Settings menu. As Google had hidden this menu on Jelly Bean and later versions of Android, there are quite a few people who know about this hidden treasure and it's a safe bet that even you saw this option on your device, you never knew what it was meant for. Google had hidden this option to developers only, but there is nothing wrong in exploring an Open Source OS like Android. The developers menu contains a lot of hidden features through which you can do some high-level operations without even having any prior coding skills or development knowledge. Today we will guide you through the Developers Menu on Android. So first of all, you should know the path to the hidden Developers menu which Google had hidden for some unknown reasons. (Presumably, Google doesn't want its users to go crazy by some random clicks in the developers menu) To unlock the developers option on your Android device follow the below procedure.
- 1 Introduction to Developer Options on Android
- 1.1 Enable USB Debugging
- 1.2 Create a Desktop Password
- 1.3 Stay Awake while Charging
- 1.4 Allow Mock Locations to Fake GPS
- 1.5 Choose your Animation Settings
- 1.6 Enable MSAA for OpenGL Games
- 1.7 Decide on the Background Activities
- 1.8 Overplay CPU Usage on the Screen
- 1.9 Show Visual Touches
- 1.10 Switch the Default Runtime on KitKat
Unlock Developer Options on Android
- Open the Settings application from the app drawer.
- Scroll down to the end of the settings menu and click on the About Phone option.
- Tap on the Build number repeatedly for 7 times to unlock the developers menu.
- Then a message text pops up saying You are now a developer.