HTC One is one of the powerful and brilliant device of the year 2013, running on a 1.7 GHz Krait 300 processor and Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 chipset. It also includes Adreno 320 GPU for hardcore gaming, upon that with a 2GB RAM, the device just flies on your hands. The full HD flagship also offers an amazing camera quality with optical image stabilization, HDR mode, autofocus and a lot more to mention. Its other variants bounded to various carriers hold the same hardware config, and so does the T-Mobile HTC One. We've already guided on Rooting the T-Mobile HTC One and Installing a custom recovery on it. Today, we present you with the list of the Best Custom ROMs for very same device, it be AOSP or Stock based ROM, every one is counted on the basis of user vote, features and stability. Kindly, make a note that the order is random and does't represent any top list.
- 1 1. Avatar ROM for T-Mobile HTC One
- 2 2. United Advance HD ROM for T-Mobile HTC One
- 3 3. CyanogenMod 11 ROM for T-Mobile HTC One
- 4 4. PAC-man ROM for T-Mobile HTC One
- Rooting voids warranty, DroidViews or any of its community members do not encourage rooting and are not responsible for any damage to your device. Perform everything at your own risk.
- Read and understand the instructions carefully before performing.
- This article and all its aspects are meant for the T-Mobile variant of HTC One only, do not attempt to try this on any other variant or device.
- Root & Install Custom Recovery: Click Here
- Enable USB Debugging
- Charge your device above 60% battery level to avoid any shutdowns during the procedure
- Backup your device's storage, SMS, contacts and other essential stuff
How To Install?These Instructions are to be followed if no specific guidelines have been provided by the ROM developer.
- Download the ROM flash able zip package.
- Download latest GApps zip package: Click Here and Add-ons (if any provided).
- Connect the device to PC in USB storage mode via data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files in step #1 & #2 to your device’s storage root (not in any folder, for your ease).
- Disconnect the device.
- Power it off. Press the Volume Up and Power buttons altogether until the screen flashes. Then release the Power button and your device will enter the Recovery mode
- Wipe the following partitions: System, Data, Cache, Boot & Dalvik-Cache
- Flash the ROM zip package placed on the root of your storage.
- When the ROM has flashed successfully, flash the Gapps package (Skip GApps if they are already included in the ROM) over the ROM followed by the add-ons like hotfix, SuperSu etc (if any), in the same way as you flashed the ROM.
1. Avatar ROM for T-Mobile HTC OneDeveloper: bippi79
About the ROMAvatar ROM, the ultimate fusion between CyanogenMod's minimalism and MIUI's theme capabilities. The ROM began its journey in the Ice Cream Sandwich era and now holds a famous stage while being in Jelly Bean. You have all the worthy and useful-only features from CM and extended themeing abilities from MIUI. The ROM is based on CyanogenMod 11 (Jelly Bean 4.2.2), which is pretty updated version of Android and enhances a stable experience for its operators. A user who seeks, CyanogenMod's features and stability and MIUI themes, shall definitely have Avatar ROM flashed on their devices.
How to InstallThe Instructions for Installation are same as that of CyanogenMod, visit here. Visit the XDA thread for more information on Avatar ROM
2. United Advance HD ROM for T-Mobile HTC OneDeveloper: troby86
How to InstallInstall the ROM zip followed by the SuperSU zip. Other than this no specific instructions have been provided by the developer. Visit the XDA thread for more information on Ultimate Advance HD ROM.
3. CyanogenMod 11 ROM for T-Mobile HTC OneDeveloper: CyanogenMod
About the ROMCyanogenMod, the aftermarket firmware distribution that is almost the same age as Android itself, began its journey since Froyo and now is carried up to KitKat 4.4. It is a love of millions, bringing in minimal amount of features yet only those that are only put to use by a majority crowd. No useless stuff, offering stability, battery life, performance and only useful features. The ROM is available as Nightlies, M Snapshots, Stable and Release Candidate. So if you seek a ROM that is not bloated with excessive features and offers a minimal feel, CyanogenMod should be your top priority.
How to InstallVisit this page for proper Instructions on how to flash CyanogenMod ROM on your T-Mobile HTC One. Visit the CM website for more information on CyanogenMod ROM.
4. PAC-man ROM for T-Mobile HTC OneDeveloper: MaDc0w
About the ROMPAC stands for ParanoidAndroid, AOKP & CyanogenMod. A triple fusion ROM that incorporates all the features of these 3 very famous and powerful custom ROMs. Bringing in the minimalism of CyanogenMod, outstanding UI features of ParanoidAndroid & several other rich and user voted features of AOKP. The project was initiated back in the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 era and now has successfully made its way to the 4.3 version of Jelly Bean. The ROM is bought to the T-Mobile HTC One officially by MaDc0w, a hard working developer, who has made all the efforts to make this very ROM a success in every possible aspect, be it Features, Performance, Stability and Battery life. Apart from these 3 major ROMs, light stuff from SlimBean, Rootbox and CarbonRom is also gathered. The current stable release is labeled 23.0.0, whereas you can also apt for Nightly releases if you understand the risk of using an unstable ROM.
How to Install
- Download the ROM and GApps
- Reboot to Recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Flash the ROM and then GApps
- Reboot your phone
How to Update
- Download the latest version
- Reboot to Recovery
- Flash the ROM
- Wipe dalvik cache and cache
- Reboot your phone