The Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy devices like the S3 and Note 2 will be officially released after the launch of Samsung’s next flagship the Galaxy S4 (we are more excited about the next big thing than the latest JB for S3). There are several variants of these phones that are still in queue to receive the OTA update. Meanwhile, if you have an International Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and a little sense of adventure, you could be lucky one to try the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean leaked firmware long before its release.
The leaked firmware has been prepared from the SGS3 system dump provided by an XDA member named Saturn and packaged into an Odin flashable file by FaryaabS. Since this is a premature version and is still being tested by Samsung, you might discover a few bugs in it.
Before You Proceed, Read Our Review of the 4.2.1 JB for Galaxy S3:
New Features in Android 4.2.1 Firmware for Galaxy S3:
Here are some of the major features that come with the Android 4.2.1 leaked firmware. I will soon be writing a detailed article on all new enhancements
- Improved Ripple effect on Lockscreen
- The lockscreen has many pages, just like you homescreen, and you can now add widgets to it.
- New Daydream feature that lets you view Google Currents feed, clock, photo tiles and frames on the screen when the phone is idle and is either docked or in charging mode. You can now enable it from: Settings> Display> Daydream
- New Toogle items in Notification Center
- Notifications are more actionable
- Voice Command (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands)
The firmware is basically for Middle East countries but it is found working on all International Galaxy S3 phones without issue.
Hotfile Link: I9300XXUFMB3_I9300OJKFMB3_ILO.zip
Mega Link: I9300XXUFMB3_I9300OJKFMB3_ILO.zip
How to Install:
Download the firmware file in zip and extract it on your desktop. Inside the extracted folder, you will find a file with .tar.md5 extension. Select this while by clicking PDA button on Odin. See detailed tutorial here.
How to Root the Leaked Android 4.2.1 Firmware on Galaxy S3: Link
Want to Downgrade the Firmware of your Galaxy S3?: Link