If you’re a proud owner of the Sony Xperia Z3, then we are sure that you would have more than enjoyed flaunting the magnificent beast in front of your friends. However, in a matter days you wouldn’t find anything new to show to your buddies, so Custom roms might have got your attention. Being a top class device, the Xperia Z3 has good amount of custom ROMs and mods that will make the device new and dazzling everyday. You might have enjoyed installing some beautiful mods and ROMs on your device.
However if you’re tired of the custom ROMs and want to return to the stock Xperia Z3, then we are here to guide you on how to install the stock FTF firmwares on your Xperia Z3. Reverting back to stock will bring back all the memories you first had with your Xperia Z3 when you powered it ON for the first time. Another good reason for getting back to the stock is to regain the Warranty if you are still covered, as Rooting and such unauthorized activities will void your warranty and you might be in need to pay a visit to Service center.
So if you’re willing to return to the stock experience on your Xperia Z3, then let’s get on with the guide.
This Guide is intended only for the Xperia Z3 devices not for any other device of Sony. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
PREPARE YOUR DEVICE
- Charge your Xperia Z3 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
Download the Firmware package that is suitable for your device.
Firmwares for D6603
Unbranded Generic 23.0.A.2.93
- Generic Global
- Generic France
- Generic Germany
- Nordic Countries
- Generic Spain
- Generic Russia
- Generic Italy
- Generic UK
Firmwares for D6653
Firmwares for D6633
INSTALL STOCK FIRMWARE ON SONY XPERIA Z3
- Download the Sony FTF flash tool and install it on your PC → Click Here
- Download the required firmware file from above links and paste the FTF file in the C:/Flashtool/firmwares directory.
- Now open the Flash Tool and select the FTF package you want to install on your Sony Xperia Z3.
- Click on the Flash button at the lower right corner of the tool.
- You’ll get a prompt asking you to go to Flashmode or Fastboot mode, choose Flashmode.
- You should see the screen similar to this before flashing:
- Now click on the Flash button to flash the FTF file on your device.
- The tool asks you to connect the device in the flash mode. To boot to the flash mode, connect your powered off device to the PC while holding volume down button.
- Once the device is detected, the firmware will be flashed. Wait for the process to complete and then reboot.
That’s it, after the reboot you’ll see the stock Sony Xperia Z3 in your hand.
Leave your feedback in the comments section below.