The Galaxy S3 was rooted even before its launch by Chainfire so now you can easily install a custom ROM to it and enhance the capabilities of this superphone further. RomAur S3 v1.3 is one of the first custom ROMs of the Galaxy S3. The RomAur ROM has been developed by XDA member auras76 and was previously available only for the HTC One X.
The RomAur S3 v1.3 ROM comes packed with many a cool features that will surely drag your attention and make you aspire to install it on your Galaxy S3:
- Based on STOCK I9300XXALEF 4.0.4
- Kernel – XXLEF Insecure Kernel
- Multi Language
- Very fast
- Ext4 tweak
- Kernel tweak
- Network and internet tweak
- Battery tweak
- RAM optimization
- GPU Acceleration
- Battery calibration (autobattery calibration when battery is charged to 100%)
- Wifi tweak
- Dalvik to cache tweak
- Zipaligned with sdk r19
- Unsecured boot.img
- Data app enabled
- Busybox 1.20.0
- Tweaked build.prop
- Zipaligns apk’s at boot
- Bravia Engine integration
- And more….
Since it is a custom ROM, you will be able to install it on you Galaxy S3 only when it is rooted. If you have already rooted it just follow the instructions given below. If not, read our easy tutorial on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3.
Installing a custom ROM on your device might prove fatal for your device if the instructions are not followed carefully. We. at Droidviews, shall not be liable for any mishap. Follow the guide at your own risk. This disclaimer is not to panic you, but to inform you that is is a serious job.
Preparations before Installing Custom ROM:
Though we are dealing here only with the installation of the RomAur S3 v1.3 ROM on Galaxy S3, the precautions given here applies to all. By taking these precautions, you can avoid any unwelcome situation.
- Fully charge your device.
- Make sure that you have backed up the Contacts, Messages, Call Log entries, app settings, APN details, etc. Apps like App Backup & Restore, SMS Backup & Restore, Backup Assistant Plus (Phone), Contacts Backup, Call Logs Backup & Restore, APN Backup & Restore, etc. can do this job easily for you. You can download theme free apps directly from the Google Play Store.Additionally, you can use the Samsung Kies to backup your phone’s data on your PC. You can also sync your contacts via Gmail sync feature.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on your device: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging> ON.
Installing RomAur S3 ROM on Galaxy S3:
- Download the RomAur S3 ROM from one of these links:Rapidshare Link
Link to the Latest RomAur ROM
- After downloading the “RomAur_S3_v1.3.zip” file, extract it to check that it not a broken or corrupt zip file. If the file is extracted without an error message, it is complete. This precaution is necessary because the ROM file is very big (688.3 MB).
- Now connect your device to the computer via USB and copy the “RomAur_S3_v1.3.zip” (not the extracted folder) to the main directory of your device’s SD Card.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Next, you will have to boot your Galaxy S3 into CWM Recovery Mode. You can do it by using any of the three methods given below:(a). If you can see a CWM Manager app icon on your device, open it and select “Reboot into ClockWorkMod Recovery”.
(b). Alternatively, you can download a free app called ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store, run it and select “Reboot into Recovery” option.
(c). Now the commonest method of entering the Recovery Mode on Android devices is: press and hold the Volume Up+Home (Center) keys simultaneously and then press the Power button. Keep the three keys pressed till the StartUp screen blinks for two times and you a screen like shown below.
- In the Recovery Mode, go to “backup and restore” option and backup your current ROM. This is very important because you can later restore it at any point of time is anything goes wrong.
- Now come back to the main menu and select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm by selecting “Yes” Repeat this step for two more times.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and then “Yes”. Do this two more two more times.
- Then go to “advanced” option and select “wipe dalvik cache”. Do it for two more times. (Step N. 7, 8 & 9 should be done three times).
- Having wiped all system data, return back to the main option screen and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard” and locate the “RomAur_S3_v1.3.zip” file. Confirm by pressing “Yes”.
- CWM Recovery will now start flashing the new ROM to your device and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When it finishes, select “reboot system now” option from the main menu. Now wait for a few minutes till your device reboots.
The RomAur S3 ROM should now be installed on you Galaxy S3. Enjoy the new ROM and share your experience with us. Cheers!!!