There is good news ahead for those that have bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 device. The model was launched in India a week ago, with high expectations planted in attendees’ minds by Xiaomi’s promises of Android Nougat. According to the company, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is slated to receive the much longed for firmware soon, thus making the device even more efficient. It’s still going to be a short while before Redmi Note 4 users can actually get Android 7.0 Nougat, but the final build from the Beta phase is available right now for anyone that just can’t wait to try out the latest features from Google’s OS. If you would like to try out Android 7.0 Nougat ahead of time on your new Xiaomi handset, you can opt into becoming a preview tester and gaining access to the beta build. We’re even going to show you how. Android 7.0 Nougat install preparation for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- We’re talking about a beta firmware so you’re going to have to jump through a few hoops before actually getting to experience Android Nougat. The journey starts on Xiaomi’s online platform;
- Navigate to the en.miui web page and access the unlock section;
- Use the unlock option the page provides and then provide the information that is required;
- After you’ve logged onto your Mi account and filled in all the required information such as phone number or reason for unlocking the bootloader, an email with similar contents will be sent to you;
- Once your request is granted (which can take over a week in some cases), head back over to the en.miui platform, and download the Mi Unlock application. You should be able to download it after accessing the unlock section again.
- Before installing Android Nougat, you need to download the MIUI ROM tool which will help you flash the ROM onto your device;
- Next up, download the actual ROM and unzip the recipients of the archive on your PC;
- Remember that Mi Unlock tool? You’ll use it now to unlock the bootloader. First, however, reboot your Redmi Note 4 into fastboot mode (Volume Down and Power buttons together while device is turned off) and connect it through a USB cable to the computer;
- Now start MiFlash and load the ROM folder you extracted earlier. Enable “clean all” and hit Flash. The process will begin and you will be informed when it ends.